Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

HOW TO - Retrofit Xenons for MY2010+ (Lots of Photos)

Useful guides and information for your Scirocco

HOW TO - Retrofit Xenons for MY2010+ (Lots of Photos)

Post17 Nov 2011 00:10

Well after weeks (and i mean weeks) of researching, I've finally fitted fully working Bi-Xenons to MY2010 Scirocco
So here is an in-depth guide as to how i did it ;) (P.S I didn't fit the Auto Levelling, or Washers :shh: )

If you have any questions, please DO NOT PM me, just reply in the thread :)

Before you start

Check, via VCDS (09 Central Electric) or by looking at the CECM part number (covered in the guide)
If it ends in 085 or 086 then you MUST replace the module
IF you have 087 Then your ok :D

if your unsure, look at the CECM, and at the gold connector, check if Pins 48 and 49 are present as highlighted below

If these aren't there, then you need a new module

What you need

1) To quote AyeAye
1K8 941 753C - Headlight unit, left, Valeo part number 43660
1K8 941 754C - Headlight unit, right, Valeo part number 43661
4L0 907 391 - ballast / control unit. Genuine Valeo OEM part (89034934 / no VW part number label)

2) The new wiring harness from Kufatec
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... rocco.html

3) And if you have modules 085 or 086, you need this (big Thanks to Rich):
5K0-937-087-D-Z1Z

Installing

1) Open the bonnet and remove the the 4 screws highlighted below, and remove the metal covering (slides out)

2. On the RHS, you need to remove the addition connections (clip ons)

3. Remove the 1st of the positional screws for the headlamps

4. Remove the 2nd positional screw

5. Unclip the wiring harness

6. You can now remove the headlamp (a little bit of shuffling, and it slides right out)

7. Plug the new wiring harness into the old adaptors, ensuring the 4 extra cables are attached to the RHS light

8. Next Prep the new Xenons - Install the ballasts on the back of each lamp as shown below

9. The next task is finding an entry point from the engine bay, to the cabin. There are probably many ways, but this was the easiest for me.
Looking at the guttering for the windscreen, you can just about see an entry point.

Using a large screw driver, you can wedge the plastic away from the frame (its held in place by two clips)

The guttering is split into 2 sections, i remove the entire RHS gutter (it just slides away once you've unclipped the above section)

10. Thread the new cable into the foam inserts and pull through

11. At the bottom of the wiper vent, there is a rubber plug, thread the cables into here by attaching a coat hanger (technical here) and it will come out at the bottom of the dash ;)

12. To maintain the water seal, i covered mine in silicone :shh:

13. Remove the 2 screws that hold the cabin cover above the pedals

14. Next you plug the new pins into the connection blocks (these just slot out)
Pins 7 and 8 go into the Black connector block in slots 7 and 8 (weirdly)
and pins 48 and 49 go into slots 48 and 49 of the Gold connector block

15. Reconnect and screw back all the trim you removed, and your now ready for the final step.

16. Using a VCDS:
Go - Central Electric - Coding - Long Text, and copy and paste mine (Big Thanks to Mick here :thumbup: )
Code: Select all
48100A389027E10040080080340049E643750B88536D8160648000000000

Or just copy the required boxes as shown below into Bytes 14 and 18

Finish

If you required the new module (Like i did)
Then this last bit is for you

17. Remove the storage unit next to the steering wheel (just clicks out) and you can see two screws, remove these

18. Just above the front trim (nearest the end of the tray) is the final screw

19. Next using a credit card, or trim removal tools. Remove the silver trim from around the lights

20. Next, lift the small plastic trim next to the instrument cluster, to reveal the next screw

21. Remove the light switch by Pushing the knob in, and twisting clockwise whilst pulling out, now remove the clip attaching the cables to the switch, thus revealing the final screw

22. The final stage is self explanatory. Remove the old CECM module, and simply insert the new one, ensure you plug each connector block into the correct slot (There labeled A B and C)

23. Follow the above instructions in regards to VCDS coding, but for the re-programming of your keys see below

Get ALL the remotes you would like to match. Insert one key in the ignition and turn it ON.

[Select] [09 -Module] then [Adaptation - 10]

Channel "01" [Read]

This will display the number of currently stored remotes in "Stored Value".

Enter your total number of keys up to a maximum of 4 (including any existing keys) in "New Value"

[Test] then [Save]

Then press and hold (for at least one second) the UNLOCK button on the fob, at which time it will be learned. If you're programming more than one fob press and hold the UNLOCK button on the second fob for one second etc...

You have a total of 15 seconds to do them all

For the locking function, simple go back into "Adaptation" and from the drop down menu, select "Factory Mode" and set the value to 0 (turning it off)

Total Cost: £490 :wtf:
Time spent installing: 2 Weeks (following this guide it should take you about 2hours lol) :lol:

Was it worth it? Hell yeh! :dance:

P.S there are bound to be spelling mistakes...but ah well :violin:
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS

Liked by: Cooper, ED
Core Member
Name: Jordan
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: HOW TO - Retrofit Xenons for MY2010+ (Lots of Photos)

Post17 Nov 2011 08:35

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to you the write up and the extra pics are very useful, usually people don't take that many pictures! Very useful guide once again, it sucks that those 2 pins were missing for you, its kinda cold at the moment so I'm still debating with my self to go outside with the VAG-COM or not :P I'm itching to see if I have the right module :thumbup:

If you wanted to install aftermarket headlight washers I've seen something on YouTube where someone else retrofitted Xenons to a Scirocco. Here's the clickly :P (Oh and mute the video, the song gets annoying)

Jump to 2:50 to see the Washer Install

Liked by: metaljay

Name: Tolkan Mehmet
Car: 1.4 TSI 160BHP

Post17 Nov 2011 13:36

Nice to see you finally got them fitted Jordan :thumbup:
Last edited by sciroccorocket on 17 Nov 2011 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Medals: 1
H20 (1)
Name: Dick Stillhard

Post17 Nov 2011 13:48

Cheers Rich, without your VIN number, i would have never gotten the correct module lol

tolkan wrote:Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to you the write up and the extra pics are very useful, usually people don't take that many pictures! Very useful guide once again, it sucks that those 2 pins were missing for you, its kinda cold at the moment so I'm still debating with my self to go outside with the VAG-COM or not :P I'm itching to see if I have the right module :thumbup:

If you wanted to install aftermarket headlight washers I've seen something on YouTube where someone else retrofitted Xenons to a Scirocco. Here's the clickly :P (Oh and mute the video, the song gets annoying)

Jump to 2:50 to see the Washer Install

No worries, glad you found it useful. I doubt ill install the washers, as when i come to sell the car, ill take the xenons with me :)
Core Member

Post17 Nov 2011 14:29

Nice comprehensive guide :thumbup:

Way, way too scary for me!! :naughty:

http://www.quidco.com/user/385337/ - before you buy anything online check out the link first.
VIP MEMBER
H20 (1)
Name: Mick
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Post17 Nov 2011 16:05

northernscirocco wrote:Nice comprehensive guide :thumbup:

Way, way too scary for me!! :naughty:

But you know you want to...... :D
Defected - MINI Cooper S Lightning Blue / White Roof & Stripes - Chili Pack - too many options to remember
Full time Member
Name: Paul
Car: I used to have one...

Post17 Nov 2011 17:15

Very nice guide. Like northernscirocco, whilst I would would love to retro fit them to mine, it's way too complicated for me.

One quick question. As you mentioned, strictly speaking, you need headlight washers and levelling systems.

As my car has the winter pack, the headlight washers are taken care of, so all that would leave would be the levellers. Am I right (or wrong) in assuming that if the Rocco is fitted with ACC, doesn't that have suspension angle sensors fitted as part of that system, so is that also used for the Xenons or a different mechanical linkage set up on the rear wheels (like on the MK5 Golf) ?
Candy White, GT 2.0 TDI Bluemotion. RNS-510 Nav, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding mirros with puddle lights, Factory Bluetooth, Winter pack....absolutely loving it !

Regular Poster
Name: Andrew
Car: 2.0 TDI 140BHP

Post17 Nov 2011 17:31

Andrew, yes all you would need is the auto leveling kit, which was £300 (i think)

TBH mate, my guide makes it look difficult from the amount of pictures etc, but really it isnt.

if you have the control module, its SO easy todo this
its the module thats a bitch haha
Core Member

Post17 Nov 2011 18:10

Where did you get your lights from? I remember seeing a link on here where you could create custom ones on a site but can't for the life of me remember what it was. I'd love to have this mod done and like, like Sootchucker, I have the winterpack. I'd have a go myself but would be good if someone could be there that actually knew what they were doing. I'll have a look whilst I'm away.

Anyone remember/know the link I was on a bout?
Viper Green 2.0 GT TSi, Heated cow-seats, loud speakers, posh matts, Kenwood sat-nav, Lazy driving controls and reversing beeps! :) Mods - Neuspeed P-FLO Kit; APR Stage 2 CF cold-air intake pipe; Neuspeed Engine Mount Insert; APR Stage 1 Remap - 265BHP; WALK (Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit); Lulian V4 LEDs; Gloss Black interior, Scirocco R Gearknob.
Core Member
Name: Richie
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Post17 Nov 2011 18:16

Hmm... Just did some checking in Elsawin and it does in fact seem that the Gas Discharge headlight levelling system relies on the front left level sender G78 and the rear left vehicle level sender G76, both of which are installed as part of the ACC systems which are standard fitment on GT's and R's, which means I already have them on my car.

I'm now wondering if I already have the washers, AND the level sensors, would it just be a coding issue in VCDS to get automatic levelling on a Bi-Xenon retrofit, or would there be more hardware or another control unit involved ?
Candy White, GT 2.0 TDI Bluemotion. RNS-510 Nav, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding mirros with puddle lights, Factory Bluetooth, Winter pack....absolutely loving it !

Regular Poster
Name: Andrew

Post17 Nov 2011 19:10

Glad to see your all sorted metaljay :thumbup: Nice "How to guide" Too !!!

Full time Member

Post17 Nov 2011 19:42

Nice to see you've done it mate. Sorry I didn't reply to your text, I'm still in Toulouse and my phone's tripping balls. Did you manage to get two invoices?

P.s. You really need to get some proper trim removal tools.
Regular Poster
Name: Luke

Post17 Nov 2011 20:32

Yeh ideally i should by some tools, but my royces card does the job gooden :P

No they wouldn't give me an extra, so u can have mine, and photocopy it as i have no need for it

and Richie, i got the Xenons from AyeAye, see market place
Core Member

Post17 Nov 2011 20:51

Looking good :thumbup:
Regional Rep
Medals: 2
Snowflake (1) H20 (1)

Post17 Nov 2011 21:10

Quite frankly the best "How-To" on the whole site. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Liked by: tolkan
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post29 Mar 2012 02:57

Nice guide..this did help during my install...thanks mate.. :clap:

I've just done this on my 2009 rocco and noticed that is the same apart from the module..my part number ends on 049.
Also the kuftec adaptors are different for the ealier model roccos. This means wiring is also different.. :problem:
Just need to get the VagCom to sort a few issues out...
New Poster

Post29 Mar 2012 08:56

Good, glad it was useful.
Did you take photos? I can add it to the first post if you like :)
Core Member

Post31 Mar 2012 00:55

Hello,

Yep I took a few photos to help other fellow rocco peps out..I can send them to you or take them from the link below...

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =39&t=3939

Cheers,
Rich :thumbup:
New Poster

Post19 Apr 2012 14:08

First off I love this thread. I've been looking into this for a while now too. How did you get them so cheap, I've just been to my local and they have quoted me just under a grand for the lights and ballasts only. :o
If you could help me with this I would be grateful. This is my first post but I've been floating around the site for a while now and am loving what I'm seeing. :thumbup:
New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Post19 Apr 2012 14:44

I bought my set of a fellow member on this forum :)
Not sure apart from VW Where else you could get them...
Core Member

Next

Return to Scirocco Guides, Common Faults & Fixes