Hi all, not sure if this is of any interest to anyone; I bought this off a mate a year ago but I need something more "family-oriented" (read "estate") now.
2011 TDI Bluemotion in white
I'm the 4th owner
Decent service history with lots of documentation
Interlagos alloys, powder-coated in black; some kerbing (touched up)
Upgraded Kenwood head unit with DAB and integrated Garmin satnav, DVD player - has inputs for cameras etc. and integrates with the car so ventilation controls are shown etc. Cost over £1,000
Decent condition for the mileage; signs of wear and tear (a few scuffs here and there) but nothing serious:
- small dent in passenger door
- some scuffs on front and rear bumpers
- light kerbing on alloys (touched-up and only noticable close-up)
- wear and tear on seats
- some intermittent vibration on braking - not all the time. Still brakes really strongly, just on occasion the brakes seem to be "grabbing" slightly.
It still drives very well and feels solid. A few weeks after I bought it I was pretty unlucky, I have receipts for over £4K for the following work:
- New rear suspension (springs, dampers, top mounts) due to knocking rear shock
- New clutch and flywheel, release bearing etc.
- Rebuilt gearbox with new casing (caused by failed clutch)
- New timing belt, tensioners and water pump
I realise that I might be £8,500 in the hole in only 12 months and I'll never get that back, but with all the new parts I'm looking for £5K - does that seem fair? There's a £1700 gearbox in there with under 3,500 miles on it