Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

New Indium Grey GT 2.0 - with unwanted mods

The forum to show off your shiny or dirty new Scirocco

New Indium Grey GT 2.0 - with unwanted mods

Post21 Sep 2010 18:46

Picked up my new car on the 9th of this month, absolutely overjoyed with it, coming from a Civic Type R the difference is absolutely phenomenal, I am officially in love with this thing!! :clap:

Made a few mods myself over the last ten days or so, I fitted the 'Cup' Spoiler, painted black with the wing mirrors painted to match, a Milltek Catback Exhaust and a Neuspeed P-Flo (Beautiful induction roar, turbo whistle, 'let off chatter' and exhaust note :thumbup: ) and a set of 19" Inovit DTM black alloys wrapped in 235/35/R19 Falken FK452 rubber :clap:

Also fitted the 'R' tinted rear lights and did a bit of DIY painting on the front and rear VW badges, in black, to tie in with the wheels, spoiler and mirrors. :D All in all, the car is awesome, power delivery seems smooth and slick and the Dynaudio system is crisp, deep and clear.

Limited pics at the minute, and the car is filthy but you'll see why I haven't bothered in a minute.......

It's obvious from the pic of the rear wheel above that it needs lowering, desperately, and by a good 45mm at least!! All good I thought, and the car was booked in with Awesome GTI for today to have some shiny KW V1 coilovers and some spacers fitted to drop it down and 'stance it out' a bit. So I go out to the car yesterday morning to give it a good clean and prepare for the trip up there and this is what I found:

That's right kids, some C##ting S###wa#ker has added his own 'personal touch' to my beautiful car by keying every single panel except the bonnet and roof! I have never felt so physically sick in all my life!! :o Coilovers promptly cancelled for now, I've got an excess to pay thanks to some idiot's idea of fun :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What's the crack with some people?

Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: New Indium Grey GT 2.0 - with unwanted mods

Post21 Sep 2010 18:51

Gutted!!!!

There are some pathetic jealous people out there. It takes some malice to go round he whole car and key it. Bastards!
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 2
Weirdo! (1) Snowflake (1)
Name: .
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 18:52

What a set of F**kers I have a spare baseball bat if find out who did it
2010 VW Scirocco 2.0 TDi DSG GT Candy Dynaudio Cruise Flux's Bulbs Leather retrim just done and possible RS6 Alloys if money allows drive 40,000 miles year all over so if you see S9 CTC give us a wave i wont think your mad.
Established Member
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 19:01

c***s need their heads ripping off.
Full time Member
Medals: 1
Snowflake (1)
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 19:05

Oh God, that's just shite.
I swear to God, I hope the little prick dies a long and agonising death.
Gutted for you.
Core Member
Name: Andy
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 140BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 19:09

PS, I like the mods! Hope you get it sorted soon.
Full time Member
Snowflake (1)

Post21 Sep 2010 19:19

Gutted isn't the word, and there aren't enough smilies, or words in the English language for that matter, to express how I'm feeling right now, proper wounded :cry:

Luckily my insurance is on the ball and I'd already declared my mods, she's booked in for next week for a full respray - £2000 + VAT!! Still, the excess is another rather unexpected cost for this month that I really could have done without :(

But seriously, what on earth?? Some people should be set on fire, in public, to an audience of proud car enthusiasts. :twisted:

This car has so much potential and visually at least, it was all getting finished this week. If there's a plus side to any of this, I may be able to wangle a de-badged bonnet out of it. :geek:

Post21 Sep 2010 19:36

Thats mental.

I'm not sure if i'd be more gutted about the fact it happened, or the effect on residual value :thumbdown:

£2k doesnt seem enough for a full respray though, I'd be expecting to pay a lot more than that for a top quality job.
Established Member
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 19:49

Well yeah that was just an initial quote from a local guy straight after it happened to have the damaged panels redone, I expect it will be a lot more once it's looked at properly by VW. I just can't wait to get this sorted out, I can't stand looking at it sat outside the house all injured and lost looking.

I take it you wouldn't be able to tell it had been resprayed from looking at it, but would I have to declare it in the future? It's not like it's accident damage which could call any internals into question?

Post21 Sep 2010 20:16

SC60_CCO wrote:Well yeah that was just an initial quote from a local guy straight after it happened to have the damaged panels redone, I expect it will be a lot more once it's looked at properly by VW. I just can't wait to get this sorted out, I can't stand looking at it sat outside the house all injured and lost looking.

I take it you wouldn't be able to tell it had been resprayed from looking at it, but would I have to declare it in the future? It's not like it's accident damage which could call any internals into question?

First of all, I'm really sorry to see this mate. Some people are just scum. As for the respray and the residual value, as usual andy knows just what to say to make someone feel better... :lol:

I can't see how residuals on the car will be affected at all. The car will come out looking good as new and if it's a good body shop doing the work, you won't be able to tell. Different story if it was being painted a different colour and it was obvious it had been repainted. Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep over the quality of work. Afterall if it's not 100% perfect just keep kicking it back until it is.

After a lorry tried to eat me last year, you would never be able to tell the side of the car had been painted. I even took it to another bodyshop for something else and the guys there couldn't tell either. If one pro can't tell that another pro has painted it then I don't think a buyer will when I come to sell it and I'm pretty sure the same will be true for you.

Chin up and don't let this episode or worrisome comments from others stop you from enjoying the car.

PS - Get that cup spoiler painted grey at the same time, it will look much better! :P
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)
Name: ED

Post21 Sep 2010 20:18

Is the car always parked on the road or do you have a driveway you can keep it. I don't want to be a doom merchant but could it happen again once its been fixed?
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 2
Weirdo! (1) Snowflake (1)
Name: .
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 20:40

Evil Derboy wrote:PS - Get that cup spoiler painted grey at the same time, it will look much better! :P

:lol: I like it that way, I may end up having the roof wrapped gloss black to tie it in better once I've managed to get this sorted out. Cheers for the otherwise encouraging comments though :thumbup:

Cooper wrote:Is the car always parked on the road or do you have a driveway you can keep it. I don't want to be a doom merchant but could it happen again once its been fixed?

It's normally parked inside a large, locked compound, with several armed guards at the gate :shh: , it's only when in the UK visiting family that I park it out on the street and I was visiting a mate in London when it happened so it's not even some sort of vendetta against me per se, just a random ar*eh*le having a go for a laugh.

Post21 Sep 2010 20:50

I remember years ago, something similar happened to my Mk4 Golf GTi. A couple of kids had keyed about 3 cars in the car park and ripped my roof spoiler off, denting the roof in the process. It wasn't until I had driven to work and then later that day, en-route to see a client, when I was walking back to the car, that I noticed it. Little shits! :evil:
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)
Name: ED

Post21 Sep 2010 21:19

LOVE the spoiler and the other mods! It looks ace! :thumbup: I want that spoiler bad now, also in black on my candy white :D

I feel really sorry for you about the scratching. Bastards who did this.
A good bodyshop will fix it though, so you won't be able to tell the difference I am sure.
2.0TSI JD-Engineering Stage II 290 PS | Fox performance exhaust with HJS racecat | Koni Coilovers | 19" BBS CH Black | Vredestein Sessanta | APR Carbonio Air intake | Kufatec MFA Display Add-on | Black high-gloss dashinlays, VW-emblems & mirrors
New Poster

Post21 Sep 2010 23:11

This sort of thing makes my blood boil but I' m sure it will look as good as new again. It's just a shame that these scrotes get away with it so often!
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 3
Weirdo! (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1)
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Post21 Sep 2010 23:37

None of the pictures are showing....it's weird it just stops loading :wtf: is there a link to see them elsewhere? And for what I am reading as comments don't worry car will be as good as new once fixed :thumbup:
CAR SOLD, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
-Adaptive chassis control -Bluetooth interface+voice control -RCD510 -Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift -Panorama tilting sunroof -Park distance control -Sports package -Tire pressure -Smoking package -painted mirror caps -Some ABT parts ----Comming Soon: Scirocco cup wing/engine+battery cover painted/apr carbonio+MAF (ALL MODS ON HOLD)
Full time Member
H20 (1)
Name: raphael

Post22 Sep 2010 00:16

raffoul, it was doing that on my computer earlier aswell, try http://yfrog.com/b9cimg1374pj

And ccornell, try http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuning-s ... -3-iii.htm they're much cheaper than the dealers quoted me :thumbup:

Post22 Sep 2010 00:18

Mother fukers! If that happened to my pride and joy i'd want to see blood!! Lifes to short for this kind of shit, hope it all gets sorted soon and you get some piece of mind.
1.4Tsi 160, Rising Blue, Fog Lamps, Reversing Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium Mats, Debadged, Fitted Chrome Pipes, Front Grille, Mirror Covers and Calipers Painted, Hong Kong Sills, Locking *Beep*, Needle Sweep, DRL's to Auto, XDS, Flux Bulbs. Picked up 5/2/10
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 4
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1)
Car: 1.4 TSI 160BHP

Post22 Sep 2010 00:47

Absolute nightmare, makes me sick this, cowardly ba$tards. Why don't you use this opportunity to get a respray to a conpletely bespoke and original colour if possible?
New Poster
Car: 1.4 TSI 122BHP

Post22 Sep 2010 17:56

Yeah I considered that briefly, but I'm not sure the insurance company would go for it, plus I've 'themed' it Black and Grey and I haven't had the car long enough to start to get even remotely bored of it!

I'll stick with what I've got, because I'm 99.99% sure that once complete, (As if a modified car ever is!) it will look awesome, this is just a minor setback - abeit a bloody irritating and infuriating one :evil:

I may be mental but I'm having some H&R springs fitted tomorrow which I was due to return to Awesome when I got the coilovers fitted, they'll have to wait for now, probably till after xmas with finances the way they are thanks to this incident but in the meantime I can't bear to drive the 'Scirocco Cross' as it is!! :D

Next

Return to SciroccoNet Member's Gallery