Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

my rocco project

The forum to show off your shiny or dirty new Scirocco

my rocco project

Post27 Nov 2015 21:19

Hi to all,
For more than 2 years, i am a happy owner of a 2009 2.0 TSI Vw Scirocco.
From the moment i have seen the first Scirocco mk3, i knew i had to have one.

Even thou it is a special car, i wasn't completely satisfied of the way it handled, with little to no steering feel.
So i started searching for the right mods, and some very nice fellow members (of other Scirocco forum) have recommended upgrading the wishbones with Superpro alloy wishbones:
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
The biggest improvement after installing the alloy wishbones was felt especially when cornering hard on B roads, the level of steering feel was definitely more natural and encouraging.
Also, driving at highway speeds (of course, legal one :) ) had become more connected.

Next on the list were a r-line rear bumper and a custom exhaust.

With the r-line bumper the looks have been improved, but now the huge suv arch gap was visible more than ever.
So the search for some lowering springs started: very common along choice of lowering springs were H&R and Eibach, both i found to be lowering to much for what i wanted, since i have a very steep drive way.
In the end the choice was a oem vw lowering kit, which on paper said -1.5/2cm.
Together with lowering springs, i have also installed adjustable ball joints (also from super pro), in order to complement the alloy wishbones.
Now the car handles as it should have been from the factory, with great amount of steering feel and great handling.
In order to make the gear shift shorter, i added also a Scirocco R short shifter.

Some random pics, hope you like it :D
New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: my rocco project

Post30 Nov 2015 18:39

Nice I like it. Same colour too
New Poster

Re: my rocco project

Post01 Dec 2015 12:41

Paradox1 wrote:Nice I like it. Same colour too

Thanks mate :)
At first i didn't even considered silver, but now i am very glad that i chose this color :)
New Poster

Return to SciroccoNet Member's Gallery