Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

Coming home/leaving home Lights

General Community Discussion Forum
Sponsored by SKY INSURANCE

Post14 Feb 2010 23:37

I have set my coming home/leaving home lights to 30/20 sec in MFD. The leaving home function works fine (stays on for 20 sec} but when I return home the lights switch off as soon as I lock the doors instead of stay on for the 30 sec. Any ideas anyone....... :idea: :think:
New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: Coming home/leaving home Lights

Post14 Feb 2010 23:56

you have to flash your headlights before you get out then they will work a bit strange i know but thats what you have to do :thumbup:
Neuspeed P-Flo Kit painted black calipers and hubs, truffle leather, dvd sat nav,winter pack, door sills, premium phone ,folding mirrors, dyna audio and stage 1 APR re map
Full time Member
Name: lee
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post15 Feb 2010 00:10

scirocco1974 wrote:you have to flash your headlights before you get out then they will work a bit strange i know but thats what you have to do :thumbup:

Cheers I will try it tomorrow :wave:
New Poster

Post15 Feb 2010 00:23

Yup this is what you need to do. IMO a crazy idea as they should just come on like they do with the "leave home" function.

:thumbup:

Medals: 3
Showcase (1) H20 (1) Operation Streetwise (1)
Name: Graham

Post16 Feb 2010 23:07

Tried what you two sugested but no joy :cry:
(my lights are set to auto all the time does this make a difference?)

I've had a Passat and two Golf's all worked fine just set it to the delay you require and it worked :thumbup: :D
why mess with it when it's not broke...... :x
New Poster

Post17 Feb 2010 01:16

leave the light switch on all the time on 0 to the last click on the right see what happenz
Core Member
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Post17 Feb 2010 01:36

BUt you still need to flash your lights as well as keeping the switch set to 0.
It works trust us. Check your manual as well :thumbup:

Medals: 3
Showcase (1) H20 (1) Operation Streetwise (1)
Name: Graham

Post17 Feb 2010 01:41

yes.it should work.
Core Member

Post17 Feb 2010 11:42

Reading sime's post again it sounds like he's got the lights to come on when he gets out of the car - its just that they don't stay on for the set time of 30 secs. They turn off as soon as he locks the car.
sime wrote:The leaving home function works fine (stays on for 20 sec} but when I return home the lights switch off as soon as I lock the doors instead of stay on for the 30 sec. Any ideas anyone....... :idea: :think:

If this is the case I think its just another example of the buggy software in the Roc. I've had odd episodes of windows going up and down on their own, doors lock malfunctioning and MFD settings not working properly - along with many other peeps.
Try turning the Coming home function off on the MFD, perhaps for a day or so, and then turn it back on again. Mind you I can't even turn off the Leaving home function on my Roc so don't bet on this working.
Try leaving the lights off the Auto setting for a day or so.
Failing that try doing a system reset on the MFD - this cured a problem I had with the doors unlocking set up.
Otherwise, put up with it or see your dealer.
Core Member
Name: Ivor Biggun

Post17 Feb 2010 22:20

ZephyR wrote:Reading sime's post again it sounds like he's got the lights to come on when he gets out of the car - its just that they don't stay on for the set time of 30 secs. They turn off as soon as he locks the car.
sime wrote:The leaving home function works fine (stays on for 20 sec} but when I return home the lights switch off as soon as I lock the doors instead of stay on for the 30 sec. Any ideas anyone....... :idea: :think:

If this is the case I think its just another example of the buggy software in the Roc. I've had odd episodes of windows going up and down on their own, doors lock malfunctioning and MFD settings not working properly - along with many other peeps.
Try turning the Coming home function off on the MFD, perhaps for a day or so, and then turn it back on again. Mind you I can't even turn off the Leaving home function on my Roc so don't bet on this working.
Try leaving the lights off the Auto setting for a day or so.
Failing that try doing a system reset on the MFD - this cured a problem I had with the doors unlocking set up.
Otherwise, put up with it or see your dealer.

Thanks for this I am begining to think its a software fault, I will try all options you suggest before returning to dealer.

cheers all for your comments and help. :thumbup:
New Poster

Post22 Feb 2010 16:48

Hi just a quick update as all is working after switching lights to '0' position and flashing lights prior to exiting the car (still think it's a step backwards.... oh well small price to pay)

Thanks everyone.

P.S. if someone can let me know a way around the iphone/bluetooth issue I am all ears.
New Poster

Post14 Nov 2010 23:21

I've got the same problem just now with the lights, was in at the dealers on Saturday and neither sales, service or techs mentioned this...bit poor of vw if this is the case. (previous car had this function without having to flash lights first) Makes it almost pointless in having the settings.
slg

New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Post14 Nov 2010 23:38

Flashing your lights whilst they are in Auto mode should activate the coming home light function. You shouldn't need to switch your lights to 0 beforehand.

Image Posted from a mobile device via SciroccoNet Wireless
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
ED

VIP MEMBER
Medals: 1
Weirdo! (1)
Name: ED

Post15 Nov 2010 09:51

Derboy wrote:Flashing your lights whilst they are in Auto mode should activate the coming home light function. You shouldn't need to switch your lights to 0 beforehand.

Image Posted from a mobile device via SciroccoNet Wireless

Agreed. My electrics have always worked fine in the roc.
Auto mode-flash-exit. Simples.
Regular Poster
Medals: 1
Snowflake (1)

Post20 Jan 2020 11:29

i was wondering how do i set them up so they come on when i unlock the door and lock the door thanks as i have just bought a scirocco
New Poster
Name: rob

Post21 Mar 2021 20:46

Thank you, guys! I couldn't fix it for a long time. Had to google it. Found your forum (but also I found a lot of other things. Lamps, PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS and etc.), even registered to write a review! Thank you very much!
New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Return to SciroccoNet General Forum