Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

Regional Meet organisers needed

From Scirocco & other car shows to pub meets. Regional, National & International.

Regional Meet organisers needed

Post03 Aug 2011 13:04

Ok, following various discussions about attendance at meets, I would like (as suggested by the boss) to find regional organisers for each area if possible.

Please put your name and region/s below if you're interested in organising meets. Ideally we need two people per area.

VIP MEMBER
Medals: 3
Weirdo! (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1)
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: Regional Meet organisers needed

Post03 Aug 2011 13:18

Do I see your name appearing, by default, on the EM there T_I?

I'm prepared to give the North East a go - although I have tried to organise one already & it failed! :(

Is the salary up to much? :whistle:

http://www.quidco.com/user/385337/ - before you buy anything online check out the link first.
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 1
H20 (1)
Name: Mick

Post03 Aug 2011 13:22

Some of the Areas are fairly large would it be better doing it by County or merging a couple of neighbouring Counties,
IE it would be less distance for me to get to the North East area than the botton of my own North West area, and i'm only 5 miles fron Scotland

H20 (1)
Name: Dick Stillhard
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Post03 Aug 2011 14:04

I think the baove map can be used as a guide. Once we know who is actually interested in doing the job then we can decide the best fit in terms of areas. For example I think Scotland should have someone in the central belt and someone north. Maybe Thommohawk if he's up for it? I'm happy to do the central belt. I can seriously commit to meets in that area as its on my doorstep.
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post03 Aug 2011 14:34

I dont mind helping out with the East Midlands, but can't commit to saying a full time organiser. Like the regional idea and there's nothing to stop us doing meets cross borders like we did when we went up to Robinhoods Bay. I assume some areas will be more likely to do stuff than others so no one should feel left out.
1.4Tsi 160, Rising Blue, Fog Lamps, Reversing Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium Mats, Debadged, Fitted Chrome Pipes, Front Grille, Mirror Covers and Calipers Painted, Hong Kong Sills, Locking *Beep*, Needle Sweep, DRL's to Auto, XDS, Flux Bulbs. Picked up 5/2/10
VIP MEMBER
Medals: 4
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1)
Car: 1.4 TSI 160BHP

Post03 Aug 2011 15:00

northernscirocco wrote: although I have tried to organise one already & it failed! :(

We both fell flat on our arses with that one :lol:

Edit, although I did get to meet up with Matt (monkeyhanger) who seems to have disappeared!!
Rob

VIP MEMBER
H20 (1)
Name: Rob [strangely enough]

Post03 Aug 2011 19:16

I thought this fourm was dead, and you lot are deciding about Regional Meet organisers? :P
New Poster
Car: Thinking about getting one...

Post03 Aug 2011 19:39

Im more the happy to do the Lower Northwest area... As well as the East Anglia area as Im in both often :thumbup:
Medals: 5
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1) Operation Streetwise (1)
Name: Charles

Post03 Aug 2011 22:24

ScottyRoc wrote:Im sure between me, Hannah, D and Rocco the East midlands is fine :thumbup:

Ok. But can we have someone take this on as the official East Midlands Rep?
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)

Post03 Aug 2011 22:39

I'm quite good at geography yet can't quite fathom if I'm East or West Midlands :?: :!: :confusion-seeingstars:
Am happy to be in charge of either/or.
Ref the 'dead' forum comment, think the recent BBQ proved this certainly isn't true!!
Part time Poster
Name: Antony

Post03 Aug 2011 22:41

OK even tho I am pretty much antisocial and am not really into the whole meet thing I will put my name in the hat for the North West / The Lakes, unless anyone else wants to do it that is

H20 (1)

Post03 Aug 2011 23:29

You could do the upper quadrant Rocket and I could take the lower quadrant :thumbup: If everything goes well and all is fine with the S'net team of course :D Share the load ;)

Post03 Aug 2011 23:57

I think the key to this is to keep it simple. Also, I appreciate the offer Rocket but I don't think someone who isn't really into meets is a good candidate for being in charge of organising them! It's only really going to work if the regional rep is passionate about this kind of thing.

Let's kick it off by having one rep per region on the map and we can add more if necessary. Those that are up for it can drop me a PM with their desired region and then we can narrow it down from there. Does that seem fair?

Post made via iPad Image
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)

Post04 Aug 2011 08:54

Derboy wrote:I think the key to this is to keep it simple. Also, I appreciate the offer Rocket but I don't think someone who isn't really into meets is a good candidate for being in charge of organising them! It's only really going to work if the regional rep is passionate about this kind of thing.

Let's kick it off by having one rep per region on the map and we can add more if necessary. Those that are up for it can drop me a PM with their desired region and then we can narrow it down from there. Does that seem fair?

Post made via iPad Image

fair point Der and meets aint really my thing

H20 (1)

Post05 Aug 2011 01:42

Somehow can't see Western Australia on the map - but guaranteed TJ and I will do our best even though the state is the same size as western Europe!! :thumbup:
Used to have a - GT 2.0 TSI, Black Pearl, DSG, Leather, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Cills, Metal Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Private Plate T20 ROC, Bluefin Remap 250BHP, H&R Springs, K&N Panel Airfilter, Gloss Black Front Grill, 19" VW Savannahs
LCM

Full time Member
Medals: 3
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1)

Post05 Aug 2011 05:12

Your works cut out then LCM :lol:

Post05 Aug 2011 19:31

I don't mind being the Wales rep. As per some comments previously, Wales region is pretty big. North to South takes 4 hours! Could be a lonely job down here as I don't see many on here from Wales yet I see loads of Sciroccos. Still, I'm happy to give it a go.
Scirocco GT 170 TDI - Candy white, DSG, Xenons, electric fold mirrors, winter pack, mats, parking sensors, cruise control and door sill protectors & locking bleep!
Regular Poster
Name: Jon

Post06 Aug 2011 12:26

Derboy wrote:For example I think Scotland should have someone in the central belt and someone north. Maybe Thommohawk if he's up for it? I'm happy to do the central belt.

As much as I'm up for attending the 'odd meet' I'm not sure I'd be any good at organising one as such...so i'm afraid in true Dragons Den style, I'm out. As much as I think the whole of Scotland is a large area, I'm sure most folk are accessible to the Glasgow / Edinburgh or even Perth area within a couple hours, so if anything of a decent scale was organised, it would be a lot easier to attract a good dozen folk along again like last time in Loch Lommond at least :thumbup:
Current Audi S5 4.2 quattro V8, Phantom Black, 19" Kahn Alloys, Magma Red Leather, B&O Sound System, DVD Sat Nav PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
Now Sold VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS

. L I V E S T R O N G .
Medals: 2
Showcase (1) Operation Streetwise (1)

Post06 Aug 2011 15:08

yeah I think Perth area is a good central point for most.
ED

VIP MEMBER
Weirdo! (1)

Post06 Aug 2011 15:30

Derboy wrote:yeah I think Perth area is a good central point for most.

Yep - I'd (we'd :snooty:! ) go.

When is it then Derek........ :eh: :eh:

http://www.quidco.com/user/385337/ - before you buy anything online check out the link first.
VIP MEMBER
H20 (1)
Name: Mick

Next

Return to Scirocco & General Meets & Events Forum