Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

My Rocco R

The forum to show off your shiny or dirty new Scirocco

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 14:54

And does it make it much louder or just a little bit. I only ask as I already have an induction kit and cat back and want to start some track day events and don't want to be stopped for noise emissions.
Scirocco R, Rising Blue, Scirocco R Cup Spolier, 326bhp 333lb/ft, Milltek catback, Evoms V-Flow induction kit, Forge DV and boost/coolant pipes, H&R 35mm drop, Forge 11mm spacers, Neuspeed torque arm insert, Neuspeed Power Pulley.
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 237
Joined: 16 Mar 2009 19:33
Location: Lincolnshire
Name: Richie
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 16:59

It's an electronic synthesiser, so I've been told. Removing it simply gets rid of any tones that VW think add to the car (which they don't). It doesn't actually chance the sound level of the car.

Scott, it's under the pannel housing the wiper actuators.
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 19:40

snapey wrote:It's an electronic synthesiser, so I've been told. Removing it simply gets rid of any tones that VW think add to the car (which they don't). It doesn't actually chance the sound level of the car.


A lot of car manufacturers use synthesisers nowadays. And i have to ask...WHY!? Do they not thing their cars sound good enough? The new Toyota GT has a pipe coming off the engine block filtering noise into the footwells!
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 3396
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 18:55
Location: Wakefield
Medals: 2
Weirdo! (1) Snowflake (1)
Name: .
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 20:07

Is this just on the r???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No more rocco... Focus ST Mountune fmic, cais, ecu recalibration. 275hp official figure / 288hp rolling road
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Sep 2011 13:54
Name: Gilles
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 20:20

I'm not sure, I'll have a look on ETKA and let you know.

Liked by: Jake Turbo
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 20:36

Is it easy enough to get to and remove? I might give it a try :)
Scirocco R, Rising Blue, Scirocco R Cup Spolier, 326bhp 333lb/ft, Milltek catback, Evoms V-Flow induction kit, Forge DV and boost/coolant pipes, H&R 35mm drop, Forge 11mm spacers, Neuspeed torque arm insert, Neuspeed Power Pulley.
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 237
Joined: 16 Mar 2009 19:33
Location: Lincolnshire
Name: Richie
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 22:16

Pretty easy.

- Get the wipers in the service position.
- Mark their position with some tape and don't touch the wiper stalk again.
- Remove the caps at the pivot point of the wiper arm.
- Remove the M10 nuts (I think).
- Wiggle the wiper arms free and remove.
- Remove the panelling covering the wiper actuator. It's not secured down by anything other than the seal, probably why you get the constant scuttle when driving, I'll felt tape it all up at some point.
- Expose the 'thing' (can't remember what its called) and remove the M8 nut (from memory).
- Cable tie the harness down to a surrounding harness.
- Repeat the above to ressemble from the panelling upwards.

Should help and you'll get no cabin drone now!
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 23:01

snapey wrote:Pretty easy.

- Get the wipers in the service position.
- Mark their position with some tape and don't touch the wiper stalk again.
- Remove the caps at the pivot point of the wiper arm.
- Remove the M10 nuts (I think).
- Wiggle the wiper arms free and remove.
- Remove the panelling covering the wiper actuator. It's not secured down by anything other than the seal, probably why you get the constant scuttle when driving, I'll felt tape it all up at some point.
- Expose the 'thing' (can't remember what its called) and remove the M8 nut (from memory).
- Cable tie the harness down to a surrounding harness.
- Repeat the above to ressemble from the panelling upwards.

Should help and you'll get no cabin drone now!


Isn't the scuttle panel held to the windscreen with a sticky tape? I tried to remove mine but was worried the tape would no longer hold the scuttle panel in place?
User avatar
Part time Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 23:17
Name: Carl
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post30 Jul 2012 23:12

carlpea wrote:
snapey wrote:Pretty easy.

- Get the wipers in the service position.
- Mark their position with some tape and don't touch the wiper stalk again.
- Remove the caps at the pivot point of the wiper arm.
- Remove the M10 nuts (I think).
- Wiggle the wiper arms free and remove.
- Remove the panelling covering the wiper actuator. It's not secured down by anything other than the seal, probably why you get the constant scuttle when driving, I'll felt tape it all up at some point.
- Expose the 'thing' (can't remember what its called) and remove the M8 nut (from memory).
- Cable tie the harness down to a surrounding harness.
- Repeat the above to ressemble from the panelling upwards.

Should help and you'll get no cabin drone now!


Isn't the scuttle panel held to the windscreen with a sticky tape? I tried to remove mine but was worried the tape would no longer hold the scuttle panel in place?


Nope, just a interference fit with the windscreen seal and a small guide dowel in the top far corner of each pannel.
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post01 Aug 2012 20:11

snapey wrote:
carlpea wrote:
snapey wrote:Pretty easy.

- Get the wipers in the service position.
- Mark their position with some tape and don't touch the wiper stalk again.
- Remove the caps at the pivot point of the wiper arm.
- Remove the M10 nuts (I think).
- Wiggle the wiper arms free and remove.
- Remove the panelling covering the wiper actuator. It's not secured down by anything other than the seal, probably why you get the constant scuttle when driving, I'll felt tape it all up at some point.
- Expose the 'thing' (can't remember what its called) and remove the M8 nut (from memory).
- Cable tie the harness down to a surrounding harness.
- Repeat the above to ressemble from the panelling upwards.

Should help and you'll get no cabin drone now!


Isn't the scuttle panel held to the windscreen with a sticky tape? I tried to remove mine but was worried the tape would no longer hold the scuttle panel in place?


Nope, just a interference fit with the windscreen seal and a small guide dowel in the top far corner of each pannel.


If you get chance is it possible to post pics? When I try to remove the scuttle panel it's trying to take the seal between the windscreen and scuttle panel with it!
User avatar
Part time Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 23:17
Name: Carl
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post01 Aug 2012 22:31

Images removed.
Last edited by snapey on 08 Mar 2013 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post01 Aug 2012 22:35

I'm not sure what of? I'm not prepared to take it to bits again. You need to remember that the pannel has a guide dowel, so you need to basically pull it towards the windscreen.

If the seals coming away, I wouldn't continue, but I had no such problems getting the pannel's away. Perhaps a little WD40 around the seal might free it a little? Just remember to clean it away once your done!
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post02 Aug 2012 20:01

snapey wrote:I'm not sure what of? I'm not prepared to take it to bits again. You need to remember that the pannel has a guide dowel, so you need to basically pull it towards the windscreen.

If the seals coming away, I wouldn't continue, but I had no such problems getting the pannel's away. Perhaps a little WD40 around the seal might free it a little? Just remember to clean it away once your done!


Ok thanks for the tips I was just enquiring if you had any pictures you hadn't posted.
User avatar
Part time Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 23:17
Name: Carl
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post18 Aug 2012 15:59

carlpea wrote:
snapey wrote:I'm not sure what of? I'm not prepared to take it to bits again. You need to remember that the pannel has a guide dowel, so you need to basically pull it towards the windscreen.

If the seals coming away, I wouldn't continue, but I had no such problems getting the pannel's away. Perhaps a little WD40 around the seal might free it a little? Just remember to clean it away once your done!


Ok thanks for the tips I was just enquiring if you had any pictures you hadn't posted.


I managed to do this after a bit of fiddling


:).
User avatar
Part time Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 23:17
Name: Carl
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post18 Aug 2012 16:45

Good man!

It does make a significant difference (IMO).
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post18 Aug 2012 18:23

snapey wrote:Good man!

It does make a significant difference (IMO).


Ironically mine doesn't have the device!. I gave the scuttle tray drain holes a good clean though!
User avatar
Part time Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 23:17
Name: Carl
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post27 Sep 2012 19:59

Small update. S2TPP paddles. CNC machined porn.

Image

Liked by: Flux, Tgod
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post27 Sep 2012 21:16

Snape, send us these before you fit them - ill get them CMM'd and replicated at work ;)

I Joke...
Image
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
User avatar
Core Member
Posts: 1332
Joined: 29 Jan 2011 18:07
Location: Derby
Name: Jordan
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

My Rocco R

Post17 Oct 2012 22:00

Minted mate!!
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 12:19
Name: Harry Buick
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 140BHP

Re: My Rocco R

Post19 Jan 2013 16:16

Another little update:

OEM Recaro's:

Image

Liked by: mr joe
User avatar
Regular Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: 17 Sep 2011 21:03
Name: Luke
Car: 2.0 R TSI 265BHP

PreviousNext

Return to SciroccoNet Member's Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

scirocconet.co.uk is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on scirocconet.co.uk is generated by its users. scirocconet.co.uk is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.