Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

Rear knocking over shallow bumps

Useful guides and information for your Scirocco

Rear knocking over shallow bumps

Post09 Aug 2020 19:48

First of all hello. I’ve been a member of Scirocco Central for a while. This is an equally great forum full of helpful information.

I’ve owned five Mk2 Sciroccos which were a 1.6GT, two GTIIs and two GTXs. I started my career with a Mk2 and hopefully will end it with a Mk3.

Since owning my latest Mk3 GT 140 bought in Feb 2020, I’ve replaced for good measure;

Both lower rear arms
Both trailing arms
Shocks all round original DCC
Drop links all round
Antiroll bushes all round
Front wishbones with new bushes
Discs all round with 312mm on the front with new callipers instead of 288mm
Tyres all round GY EF1s
RCD330 for CarPlay
Cruise control
Four wheel alignment
Various VCDS tweaks

I’ve alway had an annoying rattle over small bumpy roads. Always sounds like rear near side. I’ve adjusted the tailgate and secured the tools and spare wheel.

Anyway today I got in the rear and banged around with my hand until I got to where the head lining meets the C pillar. It was knocking against the plastic airbag cover. So I stuffed some felt pad in between and no more knock. [emoji6][emoji106]

It may help some as it has been a long standing issue for a lot. If all mechanical issues are sorted then it could be something simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Poster
Car: 2.0 TDI 140BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Return to Scirocco Guides, Common Faults & Fixes