Advertise      Register      Login
You are currently viewing SciroccoNet as a guest. Register or login to remove this message.
NOT REGISTERED YET? DO IT NOW TO ACCESS FULL CONTENT - IT'S FREE!

Get the full SciroccoNet experience! Be eligible to enter competitions, share your views and get access to exclusive discounts from our sponsors.
Registration only takes a couple of minutes, is completely free and always will be! Having trouble registering? Email us at info[at]scirocconet.co.uk

Is it worth getting my scirocco re mapped?

From Scirocco & other car shows to pub meets. Regional, National & International.

Is it worth getting my scirocco re mapped?

Post23 Jun 2013 21:37

Think of getting my scirrocco re mapped. Will the extra power cause any damage in the long run to the engine? Any suggestions?
New Poster
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 170BHP

Google - Post body:
Scirocconet.co.uk

Re: Is it worth getting my scirocco re mapped?

Post23 Jun 2013 23:06

carlmcnaboe12 wrote:Think of getting my scirrocco re mapped. Will the extra power cause any damage in the long run to the engine? Any suggestions?

Who knows....

I took the gamble when I had mine, it ran like a dream the whole time. In fact, the only thing that I was considering replacing due to wear was the front suspension bushes... That in 4 years of ownership, 1.5 years mapped and 20k miles with it on.

How old is your rocco, how many miles done and what are your intentions for long term ownership... Will you be replacing it in a few years or keeping it until it falls apart.
No more rocco... Focus ST Mountune fmic, cais, ecu recalibration. 275hp official figure / 288hp rolling road
Name: Gilles
Car: 2.0 R TSI 280BHP

Post23 Jun 2013 23:07

Most people have long term no issues with a remap. I've heard on the diesels the dtuk tuning boxes are a good buy and can be removed leaving no trace as well.
No more rocco... Focus ST Mountune fmic, cais, ecu recalibration. 275hp official figure / 288hp rolling road

Post24 Jun 2013 08:00

It's four years old. Cheers for the advice
New Poster

Post24 Jun 2013 08:31

carlmcnaboe12 wrote:It's four years old. Cheers for the advice

got the same roc as you , i was thinking the same about DTUK

you go,first :(
Regular Poster

Post24 Jun 2013 09:41

I highly doubt any damage will be caused
Medals: 5
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1) Operation Streetwise (1)
Name: Charles
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post24 Jun 2013 12:35

carlmcnaboe12 wrote:Think of getting my scirrocco re mapped. Will the extra power cause any damage in the long run to the engine? Any suggestions?

Im seriously toying with the idea as well!
PLEASE REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW LINKS
Full time Member
Name: Ryan

Post24 Jun 2013 15:47

Your engine tolerance is much, much high than your stock power. Remapping it does no harm what so ever unless its by a dodge bloke. Sticking with a reputable make keeps your car running better than stock :D

Plus on a lighter note, the millisecond your engine feels as if damage is about to happen its fires into safe mode and won't let anything happen.
Medals: 5
Weirdo! (1) Showcase (1) Snowflake (1) H20 (1) Operation Streetwise (1)
Name: Charles
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 200BHP

Post24 Jun 2013 16:44

think i will go with stage 1 DTUK.

:mrgreen:
Regular Poster

Post26 Jun 2013 14:33

Cheers everyone! And Alan r you go first and let me know ha
New Poster

Post28 Jun 2013 19:14

What you have to remember is that when VW design a car, they design it for world wide use. They just put one standard map on the car so that map has to be able to deal with the crap fuel qualities all over the world. Not only that but the car may be expected to operate a much higher altitude than in the UK. In my opinion it's really lazy from VW.

As a result the power output of the car is set to deal with the worst fuel at the highest altitudes.

The stage 1 remap/tuning box is aimed at localising the car to the UK so that it can make the most out of the fuel/air available in this country.

The engines are built to deal with much higher power outputs than what they come with and diesels are usually even tougher than petrols so you should be fine. Get yourself a CRD-T box and stop beating around the bush! :D .
Viper Green 2.0 GT TSi, Heated cow-seats, loud speakers, posh matts, Kenwood sat-nav, Lazy driving controls and reversing beeps! :) Mods - Neuspeed P-FLO Kit; APR Stage 2 CF cold-air intake pipe; Neuspeed Engine Mount Insert; APR Stage 1 Remap - 265BHP; WALK (Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit); Lulian V4 LEDs; Gloss Black interior, Scirocco R Gearknob.
Core Member
Name: Richie
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Post13 Jul 2013 07:47

carlmcnaboe12 wrote:Cheers everyone! And Alan r you go first and let me know ha

still saving up :lol: you got yours yet

cheers
Regular Poster

Post13 Jul 2013 09:51

Richiehill1988 wrote:What you have to remember is that when VW design a car, they design it for world wide use. They just put one standard map on the car so that map has to be able to deal with the crap fuel qualities all over the world. Not only that but the car may be expected to operate a much higher altitude than in the UK. In my opinion it's really lazy from VW.

As a result the power output of the car is set to deal with the worst fuel at the highest altitudes.

The stage 1 remap/tuning box is aimed at localising the car to the UK so that it can make the most out of the fuel/air available in this country.

The engines are built to deal with much higher power outputs than what they come with and diesels are usually even tougher than petrols so you should be fine. Get yourself a CRD-T box and stop beating around the bush! :D .

Just to slightly contradict this (sorry Richie)... VW use different maps for different territories.

Australian 2.0tsi pump out 5bhp less. The Rs almost 15bhp less.

Whilst still most likely we'll within tolerances, vw tune the car differently to be low risk in each territory.

So what Richie is saying is still right other than the single map bit.

Post15 Sep 2013 21:35

alanr wrote:
carlmcnaboe12 wrote:Cheers everyone! And Alan r you go first and let me know ha

still saving up :lol: you got yours yet

cheers

You done it yet??? Ha
New Poster

Post27 Apr 2014 02:18

Will a remap alter the emmissions output, lets say,is it advisable to revert back to stock before an MOT test ?
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever.
Full time Member
Name: Mike
Car: 2.0 GT TSI 210BHP

Post27 Apr 2014 08:35

No not at all had my remap done last year, its just had its mot and the emissions were at the same level as the previous mot.
New Poster
Name: Rob
Car: 2.0 GT TDI 140BHP

Return to Scirocco & General Meets & Events Forum