Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

Im more of a browser than a discusser to the forum, and have not really seen this been talked bout much.

Has anyone recorded 0-60 times? or even been surprised at the lights (ie - quicker / slower than you expected vs another)

DSG actually quicker than Manual? (statistically yes but physically?)

Cheers

G

·
again pretty un-scientific but I raced a Focus ST from the lights and I was comfortably quicker. 0-60 for the ST is 6.6 secs.

G

·
koop22 said:
kianok said:
again pretty un-scientific but I raced a Focus ST from the lights and I was comfortably quicker. 0-60 for the ST is 6.6 secs.
are you stock or mod ie- remap etc? and DSG?

i did once consider a ford focus st :lol:
Standard - DSG. He would of had me at higher speed but 0 - 60 was no problem

He asked for the race by the way so he was trying :D

G

·
imitebeurda said:
I have a remapped roc and my brother has a mini cooper "s" with a shorter supercharger pulley. No contest, blew him away! :cool: :cool:
Do you think you would have done the same without the remap?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
hmmmm..........well my brother drove the roc before it was remapped, and thought it was good. He said it was fast but wasnt sure if there was much difference to his cooper s (which is reeeally quick BTW) after the remap he drove it again. He just sat laughing the whole time!!! Said he couldnt believe the difference and he had NEVER driven a car as quick, especially in the mid-range.

In short before the remap I would say its pretty much of a muchness. Although with his shorter charger pulley I reckon he would have won. With the remap, no contest, roc wins by miles!!! :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
okay.............lets try and answer those questions,

koop22 said:
with your remap..

how much was it?
It was £400 from superchips. They quote £435 for a roc 2.0tsi, but with your 10% scirocconet discount that is really £392.............

koop22 said:
did you tell insurers?
personally.......no. A remap is very hard to detect, DMS actually guarantee that theirs cannot be detected, My local VW dealer told me that unless they put it on a rolling road they would not know. It is the 4th car Ive had superchipped and always told the dealer, never been an issue.

koop22 said:
will it affect VW warranty etc?
Thats a good question, lets take it in 2 stages. Firstly, Superchips give you a free no quibble 12 month warranty, ANYTHING goes wrong that VW wont stump up for because of the remap, superchips will sort it. This warranty can be extended for an additional £££. As I mentioned I have had 4 cars including the roc suuperchipped. 3 of then VAG. EVERY time I have left them in to get serviced I have told them. No dealer (so far) has had an issue. Dont forget, warranty work is free money for the dealer from VAG. So unless there is something HUGE or you have a jobsworth VW dealer there should not be an issue.

koop22 said:
did you add any intercoolers etc for it?
Nope. I am not a mechanic, nor am I an engineer. But I have been with cars for over 22 years. A superchip remap is WELL within normal engine parameters and is designed to work with no further modifications. Superchips have already released a stage 2 and are working on a stage 3 remap for highly modified rocs. All you need for a normal remap is a roc and £400!! ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.