Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if any one knows if there is any plans for VW to offer the 1.4 in GT spec in the UK. Looking on the internet at other 1.4 it seems that other countries get the 1.4 in GT spec. Also some pictures show the interior and it looks like a cloth interior with half leather/suede around the edges.

If any one can shed any light this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can of course bring a UK 1.4 up to GT spec. I would go for Interlagos alloys, climate control and multi-function steering wheel. I don't think the other minor GT items, eg rear tinted glass + front fogs, are worth bothering with.

·
Registered
144 Posts
on the other hand stop bein so tight, put ya hand in ya pocket and buy the only real scirocco on the market, .......yes you know the one!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I thought Yorkshiremen were careful with their brass! To be fair, in a recent Auto Express group test they said 'we reckon the 1.4 TSI is the best Scirocco in the range'.

·
Registered
283 Posts
tallguy said:
in a recent Auto Express group test they said
the good old motoring tabloid, these are the guys who printed a 1.4 had 6 cylinders in one article

·
Registered
315 Posts
BM, as an industry insider which Scirocco model/spec is likely to do best in terms of resale (assuming good condition/average mileage)? For example, will the 2.0 litre diesel be better than the 2 litre petrol?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
in % terms the diesel non-gt according to vwfs. I personally think the 2.0t will be the best in standard form, prob in white. Leather and other options are unlikely to make a huge difference come resale as condition and history is usually what used car buyers worry about most. At the moment the option command resale but in 3yrs time when the sat nav looks dated and the leather is stretched from being sat on it'll be a different matter.

It seems strange now as they are all very new, but look at a 3yr old gti or r32 with 36-45k miles and you'll see what I mean. They were equally as exciting 3yrs ago. I suppose you may pay an extra £500 over non leather & nav but new you paid £3500+ extra for that kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
business manager said:
I personally think the 2.0t will be the best in standard form, prob in white. Leather and other options are unlikely to make a huge difference come resale as condition and history is usually what used car buyers worry about most.
Black too, as it is a "safe" colour to go for, and in fact possibly even more then White which is really more of a fashion thing.
As for leather, NAV, etc I agree that while you wouldn’t get anything close to what you paid for them, when you come to sell it, it is the ones with these extras that will be more desirable.
And this is really nothing unique to the Scirocco.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The problem is the very dealer that told you such extras were so desirable when he sold you the car will tell you they make no difference to value when you come to trade-in time!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sorry robrob I'd argue with the colours, white will always be good for scirocco as its a heritage colour, same for red. I imagine silver will be good as its so uncommon on scirocco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts