Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, keeping my options open and while a 2.0 GT would be ideal I would like to get some feedback on the 1.4. Does anyone have one yet or had a drive?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
no GT spec, however, you can tick the options boxes to make it one, however not the most cost effective way

·
Registered
88 Posts
After some initial problems with the dealer I have a 1.4 on order and it should be with me either the end of December or early January.

Deacon

·
Registered
88 Posts
andy_1 said:
Deacon, What problems did you have? Spill all....
They messed me around with dates - basically they promised me a car for December which they were swapping in from another dealer but then as the time got nearer they said that the other dealer had sold the car (possible I know but you would have thought they'd have known about this before a month after I placed my order). I sorted the deal out over the phone after test driving a Scirocco with them and left a £500 deposit but, apart from after a month hearing they could'nt supply the car, I'd not heard anything else from them - received no order form, etc so basically they'd had my £500 sat in their bank account while I had nothing. They hadn't returned my calls either which I find very annoying when I'm going to spend best part of 19k with them. Anyway, when I did finally get in touch with them they had ordered a car in which they said should be with me in January but when I'd placed the order back in October I'd explained to them that if the car wasn't available in 2008 I'd wait for the new reg in March. So I told them I wanted my deposit returning. After not hearing from them again for a week after I'd written to them and explained my dissatisfaction I put it into the hands of the credt card company which I'd used to leave the deposit. The next day I received a call from the dealer asking waht they could do to keep my business. So after lots of negotiating we came to a very good deal for me with a good discount, very good p/x price and a couple of extras thrown in - so all sorted now. It even turns out I may get the car by the end of December after all!!

Deacon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good result then. Its amazing what happens when you put things in writing. You would have thought they wouldnt let it go so far, especially in these hard times when I'm sure any other dealer would bite your hand off for business.

Hope you get the car this month, a nice way to start the new year.

·
Registered
484 Posts
my god what a story u really got it bad i have heard storys like that before but the customer will always win. keep us updated about when u actually get the car

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm really looking forwards to getting the car now - it's my birthday around Christmss so I'm also thinking of it as a birthday present to myself!

I have to say I was quite shocked by the dealers general lack of customer service expecially, as has been mentioned, in these hard financial times. Someone else where I work is also interested in the Scirocco but is also finding the dealers to be rubbish - not returning calls etc - it's like they aren't actually that interested in actually selling anything!

Deacon

·
Registered
89 Posts
My local dealer made me laugh. I booked a test drive for a ROC on a Sunday, no phone call to confirm from them. Called on the Sunday to make sure all was OK and they were CLOSED ! Willenhall Coachcraft, you are SH*T.

I called on the Monday, and there response "yes we are closed on Sundays". Not a oh sorry for that, nope, nothing, left it hanging expecting me to say oh well thats OK then, I am sorry to have bothered you for the £20k I want to spend. Unreal. Complained to VW, and they wrote to me saying it was a mistake, thats it, no would you actually like a test drive.

Am I mad or summit, or are we in a recession?

·
Registered
484 Posts
jesus thats unreal salemen dont care at all do they i thought salemen would b racing 2 every customer for a deal but no

1 - 11 of 11 Posts