Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a thread up b4 about this i was just wondering has anybody got any idea when there will b a exhaust produced for the 160 as im mad ta get one

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bastuck exhausts look excellent. I always wanted one for my previous car. There's some good vids of these on various cars on youtube, though they are pricey! :shock:

I would have thought any exhaust for the 2 litre or mk5 GTI would fit, though i could be wrong as i'm no expert...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya its fairly pricey any idea if milltek or anyother england company bring out an exhaust

·
Registered
372 Posts
turbo said:
ya its fairly pricey any idea if milltek or anyother england company bring out an exhaust
I'd expect to see a few released shortly. You should look at the 2.0 litre stuff though unless you are after a full system. I think a mk5 golf gti back box should fit but don't quote me on that! The floor plan should be the same.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was think of doin that but the back pressure would b different and could lose power

·
Registered
372 Posts
If anything I would have thought it would be less restrictive with a bigger, higher output engine but I'm no expert and the 1.4 is a high tech unit with a supercharger and turbocharger.

You may want to search so golf forums for the answer to that one. Good luck :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha ya im not great either but i was told ya need certain back pressure might check a golf forum any advice on a good english golf forum

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Candy Monster said:
If anything I would have thought it would be less restrictive with a bigger, higher output engine but I'm no expert and the 1.4 is a high tech unit with a supercharger and turbocharger.

You may want to search so golf forums for the answer to that one. Good luck :)
Agree with you there, there might be a minor (hardly noticeable) loss of acceleration off the mark but the less restrictive system should provide better mid-range (which is what you want unless you are drag racing!! ;) ;) )

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the last 2 words has me hooked recently alot of people dont like gettin geatin my a vw haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
turbo i've sent a fellow owner towards milltek as a willing volunteer ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha thats the job is his 1.4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts