Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well put my car on the dyno yesterday and these figures are prefect as tis fella has one of the top set ups in europe. it got 172 at the flywheel and the car is suppose 2 b 160 brake savage ha

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats good news so

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
you can dyno the same cay on 5 dynos and you would get a different resust from each one it depends how or if they are calibrated, they often read over

·
Registered
78 Posts
The flywheel is always an estimated figure. :) rolling road garages often have different estimates about how much power is lost inbetween the flywheel and the wheels. It will also vary on whether the car is FWD, RWD or 4WD (IIRC FWD suffers the lowest losses, RWD is in the middle and 4WD suffers the highest power losses - due to the number of mechanical linkages the power has to run though driveshafts/diffs etc). The only thing you can take as being accurate and a fair measure is the power taken from the dyno at the front wheels. ;) What was that recorded at? They should of given you a wheel reading as they just add their estimate in order to calculate the flywheel power to that? I think the only way to accurately measure the power at the flywheel is to take the engine out of the car and test it separately on an engine dyno :)

Lots of people don't like giving the wheel power as its always a smaller figure and not so good for pub chat. Though it is the most meaningful one, as at the end of the day the wheels are the things putting the power down not the fly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she made 144 at the wheels i think

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If it's 144 at the wheels it is fair to say that the roc is pulling in excess of 160. Whats the normal loss on a FWD car?

·
Banned
86 Posts
think on central a few guys have been showing more than 197bhp on the dyno in standard tune and up to 260 with a remap

·
Registered
283 Posts
great figures trev, as penfold said a few of us have been notching up higher figures, i'll be more convinced when the golf goes in for its remap to see what that puts out as a meaningful comparison

1 - 10 of 10 Posts