Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the water here.....

I have a mint set of of 17" Donnington Alloys (8J x 17") with 235/45/R17 Bridgestone Potenza tyres (only done 2,500 miles) that I no longer need after I replaced them for Borbet LV5's. The VW salesman said they are about £200 brand new without the tyres..... Does anyone know a reasonable price to sell them for?

Cheers :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I would price them the same as the Interlagos, if you start them too high you might put a lot of people off. But if you are lucky and get 2 people who want them you might get a bit more. I would have thought £550-£600 + delivery.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Donnington alloys are a nice design but not sure why anyone would want to buy a set - if you were upgrading your alloys presumeably you would try to find a mint set of Interlagos?
-

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
tallguy said:
Donnington alloys are a nice design but not sure why anyone would want to buy a set - if you were upgrading your alloys presumeably you would try to find a mint set of Interlagos?-
Might not necessarily be a scirocco, or even a VW driver who buys them dont forget!! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Geoff Hibbert said:
OKay then , what do you reckon I could get for a mint set of 18" Charlestons then??
Why are you so determined to get rid of these? Are they not wide enough? I saw you talking about spacers on another thread. Personally I think they look ace.
Simply not wide enough, they are only 225's and I want 235's. I like them but hadn't realised they were 225's (well I hadn't realised the Inters were 235's more to the point) until I agreed that they were okay with the dealer!!! Bugger!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Geoff Hibbert said:
Evil Derboy said:
Geoff Hibbert said:
OKay then , what do you reckon I could get for a mint set of 18" Charlestons then??
Why are you so determined to get rid of these? Are they not wide enough? I saw you talking about spacers on another thread. Personally I think they look ace.
Simply not wide enough, they are only 225's and I want 235's. I like them but hadn't realised they were 225's (well I hadn't realised the Inters were 235's more to the point) until I agreed that they were okay with the dealer!!! Bugger!
You can change the tires to 235's though and keep the wheels - they are much nicer than the inters imho.

Deacon

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Geoff Hibbert said:
Evil Derboy said:
Geoff Hibbert said:
....yep, wider tyres and a set of spacers might help?? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Geoff Hibbert said:
Evil Derboy said:
Geoff Hibbert said:
If I were you... I'd wait till you need new tires and then just stick 235 tyres on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.