Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think these wheels look the total dogs ballerics, would absolutely love these on my new car. Have the 19" upgraded Laguna's ordered at £615 extra, just placed the order on Tuesday past. I'm just wondering how I could go about getting a set of the BBS wheels without having to pay the £1700 price tag. What would the Laguna's or Interlago's be worth if I sold them as soon as the car arrived or who could I get someone to purchase them or am I stuck with the VW wheels??

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MRKJM said:
Think these wheels look the total dogs ballerics, would absolutely love these on my new car. Have the 19" upgraded Laguna's ordered at £615 extra, just placed the order on Tuesday past. I'm just wondering how I could go about getting a set of the BBS wheels without having to pay the £1700 price tag. What would the Laguna's or Interlago's be worth if I sold them as soon as the car arrived or who could I get someone to purchase them or am I stuck with the VW wheels??
Stick them on ebay with a reserve of say £1,200 and see what happens. Worth a punt IMHO as there arent many of the about, if you get a couple of people bidding you might be the guts of the way there! ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
You could always just get your Laguno's powdercoated black? It'd give you the same black look at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
p3eps said:
You could always just get your Laguno's powdercoated black? It'd give you the same black look at a fraction of the cost.
Never thought of that mate ;) have a friend who does a bitta spraying of wheels, would like 2 try that when they arrive, though what would you do if you done 1 of the wheels to see what it looked like an didn't like it, would it be hard to put it back to the way it was?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MRKJM said:
p3eps said:
Never thought of that mate ;) have a friend who does a bitta spraying of wheels, would like 2 try that when they arrive, though what would you do if you done 1 of the wheels to see what it looked like an didn't like it, would it be hard to put it back to the way it was?
Dont do it IMHO. have seen it done a load of times and doesnt look good. :oops:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imitebeurda said:
MRKJM said:
p3eps said:
Dont do it IMHO. have seen it done a load of times and doesnt look good. :oops:
Yea had quite a few bud sitting in front of the old laptop tonight when posting :? , thinking bout it prob would look like nothin. Though would still like to see a photoshop job.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
MRKJM said:
Any pics of the BBS?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
because BBS is a premium brand, also generally BBS rims are 2 or even 3 piece (which is substantially dearer!) and thats what they charge. Its why I went for the Riviera HS rims, have a BBS and 2 piece look about them but were substantially cheaper (£1,195 delivered) also they were staggered, with wider rears which is what I wanted. If I had gone for staggered BBS's I would have been looking nearly £2K! With the VW centre caps I fitted everyone says to me, "nice rims, BBS arent they?" Okay, they might not last "quite" as long but as long as I take care of them (no acidic wheel cleaners, make sure the rims are cold when cleaning and use the chemical guys wheel guard) they will last long enough for me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Before ordering my Roc, I was looking at an S3, and was determined to put those black BBS CH's on it. The problem was that for 19" with a decent set of tyres I was looking at roughly £2100. There was a guy on the Audi forum from PW Motorsport who would do a deal to get them with top spec tyres for under £2k. Still... its a LOT of money for a set of wheels!

When I finally get to order my Roc, I'm unsure which colour to get as I still fancy black wheels. I like the way they look on white, but am not convinced about getting a white car as I think it will go out of fashion soon! Silver is a good alternative as its easy to keep clean and always popular - but will give almost the same black on white effect as its so light. Again I'm faced with the £2k wheel problem - or do I just take the VW 19's and powdercoat them for a few hundred quid? I've never seen powdercoated wheels before.... why is everyone against them? Do they look [email protected]? Or do they not last?

I have to say, the ASA ones above look pretty good - but how do they look on a Roc?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You will find out shortly, 20's arriving next week!!!!!
p3eps said:
Before ordering my Roc, I was looking at an S3, and was determined to put those black BBS CH's on it. The problem was that for 19" with a decent set of tyres I was looking at roughly £2100. There was a guy on the Audi forum from PW Motorsport who would do a deal to get them with top spec tyres for under £2k. Still... its a LOT of money for a set of wheels!

When I finally get to order my Roc, I'm unsure which colour to get as I still fancy black wheels. I like the way they look on white, but am not convinced about getting a white car as I think it will go out of fashion soon! Silver is a good alternative as its easy to keep clean and always popular - but will give almost the same black on white effect as its so light. Again I'm faced with the £2k wheel problem - or do I just take the VW 19's and powdercoat them for a few hundred quid? I've never seen powdercoated wheels before.... why is everyone against them? Do they look [email protected]? Or do they not last?

I have to say, the ASA ones above look pretty good - but how do they look on a Roc?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.