Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a bit naughty but is there any way of watching a DVD while moving on the roc SAT/DVD. I know the audio still plays when moving but the visuals cut out, i know its a safety thing but my passenger was asking about it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Crafty0121, you can tell your passenger that if they can find a friendly VAGcom owner they may be able to disable this feature. If that is not possible (and I am not sure it is) there are after market (road radio etc) products that will allow this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is possible. All that is stopping the DVD from showing is a cable connected to your handbrake.
If you activate your handbrake the screen works right?
When you activate the handbrake, the handbrake light comes on, this is creating a circuit. That is all this cable needs. A circuit. I dont know where the cable is in the scirocco, but in my last car, seat leon, i purchased a dvd head unit and had same problem, until all i did was wrap it around a screw on the back of the head unit. A constant circuit was made and i could if i wanted to watch dvd while driving. I wouldnt recommend this as it is dangerous, but if you want a passenger to be able to watch a dvd while you are driving then go ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
dramosuk said:
I thought it was triggered by speed, i.e if you are crawling along the screen stays on...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thommohawk said:
dramosuk said:
I thought it was triggered by speed, i.e if you are crawling along the screen stays on...
Im not too sure with the VW DVD system as i do not have that on mine.
But when i purchased a JVC head unit for my Seat Leon and went to install it, i couldnt watch the DVD because it had to be connected to the handbrake. Since i just spent a load of money on the Head Unit i didnt want to have to pay for a garage to install it for me. After some searching on how to do it my self, i found a post about DVD and head units and they explained the whole circuit issue. By accident i found out that it would work by attaching the wire to the back of the Head Unit.
As i said not sure if this will be the same with the VAG DVD system.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
There is a work around to this. Can't remember where though. Have a look at mygti.com
1. be stationery
2. Press the 'button that looks like a microphone' (top right) followed by the tone button (within 1/2 second)
3. as long as you don't adjust the volume / fast forward etc it will continue playing until the 'film' ends.

Ta Daaa......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.