Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to my vw dealer to view a white scirocco that was awaiting collection by someone, it might be mine because i'm picking it up in a few days. it was absolutley covered in bird droppings and tree sap and leaves, it was disguting. i said to the manager is that my scirocco and he said it could well be, so i said well aren't you going to clean the bird poo off, it's not exactly good for the paint is it. so he said the cars come with a protective film, is that true? or is he refering to the clear coat! i pray that wasn't my car. it had a sticker on the window with some details but i didn't see my surname on the sticker or anything to do with me. does anyone know if the sticker has the customers name on?

don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evil Derboy said:
Most do have a protective transport film on them which is usually white in colour. You can normally see it straight away when looking at it. But if it was on a white car and you were some distance from it you might not be able to notice it.
thanks evil, i did go right up to the car but didn't notice a film, it well have been on there. all the black plastic bits and rubber were still very dirty though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, no definately wasn't anything like that on it :( ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.