Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
I know I'm changing the subject here but why didn't non-Xenon cars come with fish-eye lens halogens like the Audi TT? They're not expensive and look much better than those rear reflector things that we have.
Because the Fish eye type lens is there to magnify the out put of the Xenon bulb... Believe it or not Xenon's and dimmer than Halogens, but they are magnified and last much longer the the standards (After which they become extremely bright and hot which also explain the heat the produce lol) =)

You can get you own but they don't have the lens, and you get mind boggeled with loads of red and black wires and all other sort of things that come with the kit, but they work just as well

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Flux said:
Evil Derboy said:
I know I'm changing the subject here but why didn't non-Xenon cars come with fish-eye lens halogens like the Audi TT? They're not expensive and look much better than those rear reflector things that we have.
Because the Fish eye type lens is there to magnify the out put of the Xenon bulb... Believe it or not Xenon's and dimmer than Halogens, but they are magnified and last much longer the the standards (After which they become extremely bright and hot which also explain the heat the produce lol) =)

You can get you own but they don't have the lens, and you get mind boggeled with loads of red and black wires and all other sort of things that come with the kit, but they work just as well
I don't think you get what I mean. My TT doesn't have Xenons. It has Halogens but they use a fish eye projector lens instead of the rear reflection type that the halogens on the Scirocco has.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Ah I understand lol, it seems my 54 plate SLK is out of date, because that was what the dealer roughly told me that, give or take a few words hehe.

I bet your Audi doesn't fall apart like my Merc as well lol.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Flux said:
Ah I understand lol, it seems my 54 plate SLK is out of date, because that was what the dealer roughly told me that, give or take a few words hehe.

I bet your Audi doesn't fall apart like my Merc as well lol.
Nope. I test drove an SLK before getting the TT and I'm sorry to say wasn't impressed with the build quality of the interior at all.

Incidentally (and more importantly back on topic :oops: ). If there is one pic of the Roc that I have seen yet, that puts the old "is it a coupe or is it a hatchback" argument to rest, it's this one. Look at the roof sweeping back towards the rear and the sides bulging out. What a superb photo. Waggers, you sir, have a very good eye! :clap:

DSCF0092.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice photo's and I have to say I really like the viper green.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
BlancBon said:
The more i see it the more i love the green
That seems to be the way it goes. When I first saw one at the dealers I went "What ??!!". But even as I was wondering around looking at various Rocs on show, each time I passed the Viper Green one I warmed to it more and more.
Unfortunately the misses didn't see it quite the same way :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.