Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't used my 'roc all week. Being on call with work, I've been using a company vehicle, so the 'roc has been on my drive. Came home from work on Friday to find my neighbour had had his railings (which are up by the first floor windows, and extend over his garage), painted. The painters had had an angle grinder on them, and my 'roc was covered in tiny particles of iron filings and paint. :shock: :shock: :shock:

After an initial panic, I took the car out for a blast up and down the motorway to try and blow as much residue off as I could. Then I flooded it with water with the hose on a very low pressure setting, after about half an hour of this, I gave it a good, and very careful shampoo, each panel seperately, with loads of water. Finally, I've given it a good coat of Zymol wax to build up the paint protection again.

Now, what do I say to my neighbour? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
A few polite words may be the most sensible course of action... especially as it was probably not him that used the angle grinder and also that many people are not aware that the debris and fallout from an angle grinder can and does cause serious damage to any sensitive surface. My moto is Verbal Education should always come before Physical Education, the length of time between each lesson is dependant on the progress made by the pupil during the first lesson. :!: :!:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mercifully, no damage. But if I hadnt noticed it and left it a couple of days, those iron filings would have rusted hard onto the paintwork. Now that would have been a sod to get off.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wud av gone MENTAL!!!!! The kids are kicking the ball near mine n av just gone mad at thm!!! AAARRRGGHHH kids should be locked in there rooms n not let out... is tht a nit harsh?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Le_Savage said:
A few polite words may be the most sensible course of action... especially as it was probably not him that used the angle grinder and also that many people are not aware that the debris and fallout from an angle grinder can and does cause serious damage to any sensitive surface. My moto is Verbal Education should always come before Physical Education, the length of time between each lesson is dependant on the progress made by the pupil during the first lesson. :!: :!:
Yeah but always best to knock the wax out of the pupils ears first to make sure he can hear you!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same thing happened to my wife's car only it was roof tiles being cut. It might be worth running over it with a Claybar to make sure you've got it all off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts