Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I arrived home last night to check on my lovely roc, only to find it had gone

At this point I went slightly nuts, only to find that the fuckers had towed it. Towed my brand new car :(

I had to pay 260 to release it from the dingy hole it was sat.

I am of course scared that this has damaged my car.

Just a few questions?

My car has only done 500miles, yet the engine has a loud ticking noise coming from it while its at standstill.

Also the exhaust is pumping out some fumes for a new car, i dont no whether this is just because its cold and I can see them, but even my old car did not do that

·
Registered
252 Posts
martinjrose said:
My car has only done 500miles, yet the engine has a loud ticking noise coming from it while its at standstill.

Also the exhaust is pumping out some fumes for a new car, i dont no whether this is just because its cold and I can see them, but even my old car did not do that
If the above aren't related then just check if that "ticking noise" isn't the wiper blades rattling.

·
Registered
484 Posts
jesus sorry 2 hear about that boy id say ur heart was ready 2 go bang

ur prob with the car deos not sound good i would advise ya 2 check it out straight away

·
Registered
484 Posts
ya hopefully its nothing big but smoke comin out the exhaust that dont sound good

·
Registered
454 Posts
Martin

Bad luck with the thieving parking monkeys.

I would get it back to the dealer as if it is smoke you may be doing some damage there mate.

:cry:

Roc On!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it seems to be just fumes, but usally you cant see them not even on my old car, here you can, and the ticking while it running standing outside is wierd

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would someone kindly stand in front of there scirocco for me to listen to it, to see what they can here, i keep getting told the engine is new and just needs to settle

·
Registered
484 Posts
a engine is a engine they sound all the same all the time it cant b that

·
Registered
454 Posts
Martin

Absolute [email protected] bollocks mate.

Sorry but you are being fed a line if ever I heard one. I have had mine for three months and there was never any "ticking or smoke". Sure on cold mornings the exhaust fumes create steam which is natural and when you park up after a journey the engine ticks as it cools but what I understand from your experience does not sound like either of these.

As you are in London I don't mind bringing my pride and joy along to your dealer to let then compare and contrast what the difference is between a problem and a pile of the preverbial!!

PM me if you need to.

Roc On!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Martin, sorry to hear your car was temporarily pinched. Ticking doesn't sound normal, probably just a belt needs adjusting or something. Hey, that's what warranties are for!

I noticed the exhaust fumes are more visible on a cold morning than with previous cars (but it's not smoke). It might just be due to the shape of the rear end or the fact i haven't had as big an engine before.

·
Registered
484 Posts
well thats ok so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts