I would like some advice everyone!

I have found a Roc that I'm interested in. The spec is as follows:

GT
Rising Blue
Sat Nav
Reversing Sensors
1000 miles

Which is everything I want but.....

It has 17" rims I am being told by the dealership that it is an early car and the early cars that they had, all had the 17" rims rather than the 18" rims. Is this a pack of lies? or are they telling me the truth?

I'm currently torn on what to do as I've found another car, its exactly the same spec and nearly the same mileage which has the 18" rims but it is a £1000 more!

Decisions, decisions..

Advice?

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got one of these cars and i've heard various stories about them.

They ran short of interlagos wheels, so sent some out with 17" rims

A number of cars were ordered by a company for there fleet and then the order was cancelled.

The spec is the Uk spec as far as i and a couple of lads from another forum can tell. Mines on a lease and dirt cheap so i can live without the 18"wheels.

Why dont you ask them for a deal on some of the 18" wheels? A lad i've been talking to said he would have one if they swapped the 17"wheels for the 18" ones of their demo car and they did it for him at no cost.

Worth a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah tried that one this morning but to no avail.... He's not allowed to swap the rims over, hence why i'm looking at the other car but its a grand for the bigger rims.

I've not seen the other car running the 18", so plan on seeing it on Saturday. Both cars will be there so i can make my mind up if its worth it over the one running the 17s.

Glad to hear that i'm not being spun a yarn though! Cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can concur with Biglol - I have heard various stories about why there are a pile of 17" GT specced cars out there. My only comment would be that if the car is the same as the GT spec in all other ways and this is what you want then go for it.

I would suggest that you keep an eye on this forum and the other main one as there are now a lot of owners putting new alloys on their cars and there will be a plethora of interlagos 18" rims on the market which are a straight swap for your girly 17" ones.

Last post I have noted was £750 for a set of four so the choice is yours when you change them!! Personally I would tell the dealer to go and spin at that price as the deal for wheels as opposed to the car would be insignificant if they would change the wheels for you.

Roc On!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
got to bear in mind tyres on the 18'' are around £200 quid a pop (for standard fit dunlops or pirellis) so aftermarket alloys ain't going to be a cheap option

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LCM said:
I can concur with Biglol - I have heard various stories about why there are a pile of 17" GT specced cars out there. My only comment would be that if the car is the same as the GT spec in all other ways and this is what you want then go for it.

I would suggest that you keep an eye on this forum and the other main one as there are now a lot of owners putting new alloys on their cars and there will be a plethora of interlagos 18" rims on the market which are a straight swap for your girly 17" ones.

Last post I have noted was £750 for a set of four so the choice is yours when you change them!! Personally I would tell the dealer to go and spin at that price as the deal for wheels as opposed to the car would be insignificant if they would change the wheels for you.

Roc On!!!
I was a bit concerned about the 17" rims as its not GT spec (as per the Roc catalogue i got from the dealer) but i'm a little bit more reassured now, so thanks everyone.

Exactly my thoughts! If i run it for a while and the wheels bug me that much then I can always look for a set of the Interlagos rims.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wigit said:
got to bear in mind tyres on the 18'' are around £200 quid a pop (for standard fit dunlops or pirellis) so aftermarket alloys ain't going to be a cheap option
Thats what i'm telling myself with regards to the 17" tyres, I've priced a set of 17" tyres up and their looking at around a £100 so nearly 1/2 the price of the 18" tyres!

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can get better 18" tyres than fitted as standard for a lot less than £200!!!

I've priced up some good year F1 Asymetrics for £143 in 235/35/19 !! :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just recieved my Rocco in Rising Blue and I got the 17inch wheels.

They are not the ones advertised on the VW site either. They actually look pretty good and are getting alot of attention too, cause they are not standard, though I may well be upgrading to some white alloys soon.

Colps
View attachment 1

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think they look very smart and will be easier to clean than Interlagos. Also think the standard 17 inch wheels on the non-GT models look good as well.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
i know for a fact the cars with 17" rims are miss builds and offered to fleet at a discount i am told it affects the cars residual value by £800

·
Registered
277 Posts
tallguy said:
I think they look very smart and will be easier to clean than Interlagos. Also think the standard 17 inch wheels on the non-GT models look good as well.
noticed that this weekend, interlagos are a bugger to get clean, far harder than my monzas on my mk5 GTI, took me ages to get the crap off them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
They fitted the wrong wheels by mistake and VW garages are allowed to knock £750 off the cars to sell them! but y av a GT if u dont av the GT wheels....... decisions hey? I went for the propa ones!! screw the discount wen ur spending all tht on a car u want it correct right!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts