Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i just ordered a bluefin for my 2.0 TSI. i wonder if the increase in power will ever put more heat and the original OEM intercooler.
Can anyone share his experience on this?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
No, it will be fine. Superchips thouroughly test the bluefin/superchips upgrade and it is well within engine tolerance. Its not like you will be driving everywhere at full throttle, well, not after the first few weeks....or months :oops: . Superchips give a 12 month guarantee. I have superchipped every car Ive had in the last 5 years, (which is 4 cars) and I have never had an issue. Just enjoy it, you wont have any problems........ :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
No, it will be fine. Superchips thouroughly test the bluefin/superchips upgrade and it is well within engine tolerance. Its not like you will be driving everywhere at full throttle, well, not after the first few weeks....or months :oops: . Superchips give a 12 month guarantee. I have superchipped every car Ive had in the last 5 years, (which is 4 cars) and I have never had an issue. Just enjoy it, you wont have any problems........ :thumbup:
Da... not sure of you have any experience but would the same be true for trackday use on a hot summers day?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Le_Savage said:
imitebeurda said:
Da... not sure of you have any experience but would the same be true for trackday use on a hot summers day?
Only if you did a 12 hour endurance race.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm........I think a 12 hour endurance track day on a hot summers day in a scirocco with no other modifications than a bluefin/superchips remap is a bit specific and somewhat unlikely. But here goes. When I spoke with Superchips, prior to my remap I asked quite a few questions, one of which was wear and tear on the engine. They said to me that "the remapped engine is well within the tolerance of the engine for normal use". No engine is designed to be used at full throttle for extended periods, hence the reason that race engines are specifically tuned with upgraded parts and more often than not rebuilt after each race. Despite this parts do go.

I would hazard a guess that a bog standard roc in a 12 hour endurance race is likely to suffer some problems therefore it is reasonable to assume one with a remap (which obviously adds some degree of extra stress to the engine) will also suffer at least the same degree of issues.

As I mentioned previously this is my 4th car superchipped and all my cars (petrol and diesel, turbo and fuel injected) in the last 5 years have been remapped by them. As I mentioned in another thread, I have never had any issues from either the car or the dealer (all of which were authorised dealers) in the last 5 years, the cars were 2 BMW's an Audi and a renault. Two of these cars had warranty work done and all were serviced by the dealers and at every instance I told them the cars were remapped and no-one batted an eyelid.

Lets say you had done the 12 hour endurance race in your remapped roc, and something had "blown" if you take it to your VW dealer I would still be telling them it was remapped. They "may" back out of the warranty claim (if it is one) and if so this is where I understand the Superchips guarantee kicks in, if the dealer says it is the remaps fault and walks away then Superchips covers it.

However, if Superchips found out that you were racing the roc I would have to question the validity of the guarantee as neither the car, nor the remap are designed for that purpose.

So in summary, superchipping a roc should give you nothing but pleasure, as I can atest too, however if you suddenly believe you are Jenson Button and enter Le Mans in your roc I would place a pretty large bet that something major is going to "go" in the car before the 24 hours are up, remapped or not, but with a remap it might "go" a bit sooner!! :D :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.