Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this as my mate has just bought one, but after being told he'd have to wait weeks for a leather upgrade he decided to approach a company in Rotherham to do one. I have had a look and am amazed at the quality and how well it goes with the car.

This got me thinking, how many other Scirocco owners would get a leather interior done 'aftermarket'?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was planning too, but now have fallen in love with the cloth and don't want to change. I would rather get a profesional retrim than buy from the factory. The leather will be better also and cheaper!

·
Registered
252 Posts
That looks really sweet, if I had a Black car with cloth I'd be tempted to get leather in a darker Tan colour or even Red!

·
Banned
86 Posts
i think they have flipped the image if you are a potter you can pick up on the cup holder/handbreak relationship which is not like that on lhd

·
Banned
86 Posts
if it were a genuine lhd car the handbreak would be along side the drivers seat and not the cupholder, us brits get the thin end of the wedge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good. One thought - what about the side airbags?
Normally when the bag fires the seat cover comes apart at the stitching (I know this after the side bag on my Passat went off "unexpectedly"). I just wonder if this needs to be considered when changing the cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After emailing their operations manager, he said -

All our leather upgrades are tested by MIRA and TUV for compatibility with side airbag deployment. Each [front] seat is design with a seam which breaks when the airbag is deployed, and doesn't hinder it's operation or life saving ability.

·
Registered
20 Posts
gazzhop said:
After emailing their operations manager, he said -

All our leather upgrades are tested by MIRA and TUV for compatibility with side airbag deployment. Each [front] seat is design with a seam which breaks when the airbag is deployed, and doesn't hinder it's operation or life saving ability.
They seem to have thought of everything!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Le_Savage wrote:
sure does look like a nice job...

but if the company is in rotherham why a pic of a left hooker??

oy your at it again i was gonna ask that, ill just read your posts i think
LOL.... I read a similar thread (maybe over there) on the same topic and someone stated that the picture had been 'flipped' and you could tell d/t the cup holder/handbrake position. Now I might be missign something but surely if the pic was flipped it would also flip the cup holder and handbrake in the same picture!!!! :? :? :?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
penfold said:
its essentially a mirror/flip of what it should be, have a look at a genuine left hooker and its obvious :roll:
As I don't have a genuine left hooker that's not as easy as it sounds. But even so if the pic has been flipped surely the cup holders and hand brake would also flip... maybe I am having a senior moment or just being plain thick but I just don't get it as both the cup holder and handbrake seem to be set up for a left hooker, i.e. the HB is further away from the driver than the Cup Holders. All that aside why bother, as was stated a UK company showing an apparent left hooker, what's the point???

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a representative of the company who is being discussed here. The photo was flipped due to our marketing material (it looked better with the seats facing the text etc.), and the car was returned to the customer before we could taken more photo's.

With that in mind, our factory can produce the leather upgrade for both LHD and RHD vehicles.

We are in the process of replacing the pictures as we are introducing different 'styles' of the Scirocco seats, as mentioned in our sponsors thread.

Once we have decided which designs to add to our portfolio, I will post in the sponsors thread and reply in this one.

Sorry for any confusion this image has caused, and it will be replaced once the concepts have been approved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for the delay.

Usually we charge £895.00 + VAT, but for forum members we can offer dealer price £850.00 + VAT (£977.00) which includes:

• Fitting[/*]
  • Removal / refitting of seats[/*]
  • Your choice of colour / Stitching[/*]
  • 3 Year Warranty[/*]

When making an enquiry make sure you mention SciroccoNet and your Display Name to ensure we note the discount.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts