Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had to happen................very tight exit to the NCP in Spinningfields Manchester & I scuffed my alloy. Do VW do a touch up kit, or can someone recommend anything else? It's only minor, right on the rim - but it's taken the top layer off.

G

·
Or you can try chips away. Ive used them before for wheel scuffs and they do a good job. Think they charge £50 a wheel.

G

·
It is expensive. I needed two doing on my 3 series. Unfortunately it had run flats so no spare wheel otherwise I would have had one done at a time.

I could have got a full re-furb for less but it would have meant being without a car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
kianok said:
Or you can try chips away. Ive used them before for wheel scuffs and they do a good job. Think they charge £50 a wheel.
That actually seems very expensive. You can get a wheel completely refurbed for that kind of money.
Can you say where? Mrs B scuffed a wheel and I contacted Chips Away who quoted £75 but were booked out for a month. I am in the southampton area but if it is a nationwide / franchise business there may be somewhere local

(PS, for those of you in the Bristol area who heard a very loud "f.....g ....ell" in May. That was Mrs B scuffing the offside rear!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
scottyroc said:
chcago???:wtf:
Okay - Should have been Chicago - fat finger trouble

= 18" Alloy from the Passatt. Rather than run on the space saver for the day or so the wheel will be in wheel hospital, I'll probably put the spare on from my car, Wheel and tyre are the same size and I belive the offset is the same (will check during the swap). I did check with the one you mentioned - £65. I'll check others.

G

·
Why replace the tyre?

Looks like its only the rim protector thats damaged.

If that bothers you just swap the two front tyres round.

G

·
doozer said:
kianok said:
Why replace the tyre?

Looks like its only the rim protector thats damaged.

If that bothers you just swap the two front tyres round.
Theres a two for one offer on down in specsavers, I suggest you head down there.
I dont need any "down" but thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HI I SCUFFED MY 19" RS ALLOYS ON A NEW TT CAB AND AUDI LEEDS CHARGED ME £50.00 .YOU CANT TELL AND THEY REPAIR IT TO AUDI STANDARDS PERFECT I WOULD THINK VW WILL DO THE SAME SO THEY ARE STILL UNDER WARRANTY
I HAVE ALSO JUST DONE A DEAL TO TRADE IN THE AUDI FOR A NEW ROC IN CANDY WHITE 19" WHEELS AND DYNA AUDIO KIT , DOSE THE DYNA- AUDIO SPEAKERS SOUND BETTER THAN THE STANDARD ONES ?
CHEERS MILES

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.