Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i know there are a few posts about alloy wheels but i thought id start one specifically for alloys. I was just wondering what alloys people think would look best on the roc. Any comments regarding these alloys i have seen would be much appreciated as i am considering putting them on my black roc!!! thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Out of curiosity,what alloys do you currently have? Interlagos or Donnington? Are you adament you want one of those two?

If it was me deciding between the two I would choose the first one...... for what its worth!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im open to suggestion just don't want to spend to much money! i currently have a 2.0gt tsi but i bought 1 of the ones with 17" spa alloys which look ok but are far too small for the arches

·
Registered
302 Posts
Here's another set of Finichi's They are Monza Sport in matt black go very well on my Celica.

The Finichi ones you're showing are the Firenze Sport very nice indeed :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
elliott181288 said:
no im open to suggestion just don't want to spend to much money! i currently have a 2.0gt tsi but i bought 1 of the ones with 17" spa alloys which look ok but are far too small for the arches
get some of those cool official ones that cost a fortune

·
Registered
372 Posts
The dotz look cheap IMO and the diamond cut rim will corrode once they get a stone chip as water and salt get under the laquer. You'll end up with the 'white worm' appearance on your wheels :(

I dont think the finichi ones suit the roc but may look ok on a black one. Forge motorsport have these on their demo car (a silver one) if you want to check them out. Here's a few more ideas... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=185&p=1002#p1002

On a black Roc you have to go for BBS LM (or replicas if your just after the look)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
IMHO I would not put black wheels on a black car. Trying to get the two blacks to match would be difficult (if you know what I mean). Agree with the BBS LM's or similar or even white?? But for the white you would really need car lowered to look right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i no what you mean would really love to see the roc with the finichi alloys on just so i could make my mind up. im not to keen on the bbs. can you suggest any you have seen or like?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I have a red roc, and for a while considered alloys with the red line around the rim, but just didnt want to take the risk that the red's wouldnt match. Try this link..................

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/packag ... ;model=288

They have 365 different alloys that will fit the roc from 18-20 inches and you can vary the tyre combo's. If nothing else it might give you some ideas, I personally found them very helpful and quite competitive. ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
elliott181288 said:
Hi, i know there are a few posts about alloy wheels but i thought id start one specifically for alloys. I was just wondering what alloys people think would look best on the roc. Any comments regarding these alloys i have seen would be much appreciated as i am considering putting them on my black roc!!! thanks
Are they not the same wheels as here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=780
Although no stationary shots except the close up.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I notice one or two members have upgraded/plan to upgrade the 17 inch alloys fitted on delivery with 'used' 18 inch Interlagos. If you do this, I wonder how you stand with the VW warranty if there are any problems with the wheels?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Saw these on a black Type R and they looked sweet - I am planning on waiting until my GF realises that she is paying for a new set of alloys as it might make her avoid the kerbs in future - either that or I will buy a set of those bumpers that kids use when they are ten pin bowling to wrap round the car!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts