Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh what colour do I want, blue, red, white, red, blue (rising or not). do I want 170 or 140, do I want leather (that was always yes), oh DSG, yes, no, yes, no. Oh give up and place an order.

Problem is it looks good in most colours, why not buy a collection and drive a diffrent car to suit your mood???

Only placed the order three days ago and already getting twitchy!! :clap:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went for GT TDI 170ps in Rising Blue, Vienna Leather. Don't get the petrol head thing, get a life! We all have a choice and are goverened by company car scheme policy. I have noticed a few comments on the petrol v diesel issue, can we not all live together?? :?: :shh:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Mr Myogi San said:
I went for GT TDI 170ps in Rising Blue, Vienna Leather. Don't get the petrol head thing, get a life! We all have a choice and are goverened by company car scheme policy. I have noticed a few comments on the petrol v diesel issue, can we not all live together?? :?: :shh:
It's all down to personal choice. At the end of the day your getting a Scirocco :clap: Anyone who tries to detract from your purchase/choice can bugger off! It's your car, no one else's! Nice colour choice by the way. Rising is stunning when the sun is out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Colour was my only issue fell in love with the viper but just wondered if I should go for the Rising Blue as I knew hubby like it andwould drive it occassionaly and it's a bit more sensible but ....

hell NO when was an Essexbird :silent: :lol: nope I'll be out there loud colour and loud music :thumbup:

can't wait till I get it

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Mr Myogi San said:
It's all down to personal choice. At the end of the day your getting a Scirocco :clap: Anyone who tries to detract from your purchase/choice can bugger off! It's your car, no one else's! Nice colour choice by the way. Rising is stunning when the sun is out.
ok ill bugger off :wave: :lol:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Whereas choosing the spec and options was easy for me the choosing of the colour did my head in completely.
I didn't find out until a few weeks after I'd ordered that infact you can order any colour in the VW range for your car.....as long as it's a colour used on a models that are manufactured in the same factory as your Roc. So you couldn't choose a colour from the Beetle range because they are made somewhere else.
This info was posted a couple of months ago by BM, a noted poster (and giver of large Scirocco discounts) on this site.
If I remember rightly though when asked why VW didn't publicize this fact he said it was because VW didn't really want to make it public knowledge due to the logistical problems that would arise from hundreds of customers trying to order different colours.
I've still not heard of anyone actually trying to order another colour other than the ten on offer for the Roc but I do know that if I'd had that knowledge before I'd ordered mine I'd definitely have been looking into the other options.
Having said that I'm delighted with my Pewter GT DSG.
I love the way it drives and no pics I've seen do the colour justice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mr Myogi San said:
Oh what colour do I want, blue, red, white, red, blue (rising or not). do I want 170 or 140, do I want leather (that was always yes), oh DSG, yes, no, yes, no. Oh give up and place an order.
No Mr Myogi San, you are not the only one. I originally couldn't decide on colour, white, then black then rising then back to black. So I finally ordered a black 140 diesel, then a week after I placed the order I changed my mind (that cost me £720). I now have on order a Rising blue 2.0 200PS petrol version. The only options I added were the reverse sensors (a must have it seems) and the dynaudio. I loved the look of the leather, but not at that price, and the SatNav pricing is also a joke. I have a confirmed build week - 26, so only another month or so hopefully.

I won't be changing my mind again, although I was VERY MIFFED to see another rising blue (58 reg) in the local Halifax Tesco car park last night. :thumbdown: :x :cry: etc.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mr Myogi San said:

Problem is it looks good in most colours, why not buy a collection and drive a diffrent car to suit your mood???

Only placed the order three days ago and already getting twitchy!! :clap:
Choices choices choices... oh what is a man suposed to do.

On the diesel choice, I actually think the 170 will be an excellent power plant for the rocco (shock horror) I had a 150 Mk iv golf gti with MTM chips 'n' bits to 190bhp and it was a dream, and IMHO the only thing that would have improved it was a DSG box, although there is some concern they change to early in the 140's I think this will be different in the 170 especially with the right foot being well excercised. If I was buying today (which I am not) I would seriously consider the 170 oil burner alongside the 2.0 petrol... until the R was available... then no contest...... until the (much hoped for) Storm is announced then I would be in trouble again!!! :think:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your comments Le Savage. I too would opt for the R and the Storm given the choice. Having been restricted by policy (oil burners only) I opted for what I thought was the best available. I will post my thoughts on the power plant when I finally get my hands on it!! I did consider DSG as it is considered the best auto box about at the moment, still like to work the car through the gears though and get a buzz from driving. :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.