Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Castle Combe Track Day
Saturday 25th July 2009 A club stand has been booked, this is always a very popular event, so space on club stand is limited and tends to go VERY fast. You can have your car on club stand and not go out on track the choice is yours. Entry is [I believe] 7 pounds per person.

This year the plan is to have an adjacent stand with SciroccoWorld and together hope to get as many different modelled rocco's between us as possible.

The marshals are all Castle Combe's own marshals, so they will all have strict but fair guidelines to follow on the track with the emphasis on safety without restricting your enjoyment. Cars can go out on track, drivers from the previous couple of years should automatically receive a drivers information pack should you be interested in going out on track again this year. New Drivers will need to ring up and request a pack, ring 01525 750500, or check by going to http://www.autometrix.co.uk/trackdays.html

Please contact Tony or post a message here if you are interested in coming.

Heather

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll come subject to exam dates which I need to check (though wont be going on the track). Can I bring 2 rocs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Candy Monster,

Sure no problem, I will pencil you in for 2 cars if you can let me know definately nearer the time that would be great.

Are you coming to the meet on Sunday 26th at Yate? it isn't far fom Castle Combe.

Heather

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

A Viper would be very interesting however it isn't a Scirocco, and to have a car on club stand it has to be Scirocco, and as the whole event is VW and Audi's you wouldn't even be able to get the car out on track.

So sorry

Heather

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
SWHeather said:
Hi,

A Viper would be very interesting however it isn't a Scirocco, and to have a car on club stand it has to be Scirocco, and as the whole event is VW and Audi's you wouldn't even be able to get the car out on track.

So sorry

Heather
LOL... Heather I think Waggers is referring to the colour of the car not the model of car, or a reference to his exotoc reptile collection. But I might be wrong.. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Waggers,

Yes sure, you have been added to the list, just needed to dodge vipers as they are quite big, I suppose we [hubby and I] could turn up with a tornado [red] or a river [blue] rocco. Although shall must likely take the rare 16V, what hubby takes has yet to be decided depends if the MK1 is back in one piece.

Heather

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Folks,

There doesn't seem to be very much interest for this event, so far I have Waggers with his viper:)), Candy Monster with two roccos subject to exam dates [can you confirm definately yes or no yet?] and TonyIroc also pencilled in. If there isn't anyone interest then I should let the organisers know so that some of the club space can go to club needing more space.

Heather

·
Registered
21 Posts
Think the track sessions start about 10 am, normally aim to be there by 8.30-9am.

If you are bringing young children they / you might be interested in the lunchtime session especially for children to have a ride about the track, any car can go out on track as long as it it road legal and either at the event for a track session or on a club stand. However you will need to register for the lunchtime break. This session is FREE but speed controlled by the course car.

Having said all that if you can not make 9am, don't worry you can normally get into the club stands later than that, if we know you are coming.

Heather

·
Registered
314 Posts
New to VW and Scirocco. Have never to been to any events like these was wondering what goes on at them. could be tempted to show up!!! :wave:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

You would be very welcome, Castle Combe is a lovely event, turn up park the car on club stand safer than the car park, an enjoy the track day, or if you prefer take the car out on track. For more information have a look at the organisers website for the day http://www.autometrix.co.uk/trackdays.html . The day gives you the chance to meet up with other Scirocco owners discuss any problems, ideas for mods etc, take a look at the older MK1 and MK2 rocco's.

Heather

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also I would like to add Castle Combe and the surrounding areas are lovely. I worked around there for a year so got to know it pretty well. Arrange a day out for the family, find a nice pub and visit Bowood house.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Guys,

Taking into consideration the lack of interest here for a club stand, and respect to the organisers of Castle Combe Track Day, I think it would be advisable to cancel the Scirocconet club stand as space for 10 cars with possibly 1 or 2 turning up would look silly. However if Tony and Candy Monster are still interested in attending there are two spaces left on the SciroccoWorld club stand and you are welcome to take those, but PLEASE confirm within a week so these spaces can be given to others who have late requests.

Heather

·
Registered
7 Posts
Combe is a great track and a great chance to see how the roc really performs. I ve done many a track day there and its a real must do and should not be missed. If any one has not done a track day before and is worried about some idiot taking you off the track with a tatty old golf, i can tell you from experience the marshalls will not tolerate any bad or crass driving, they have a black flag and will use it.You dont have drive like Jenson either, you can drive at whatever pace is comfortable to you.
A good showing would be great to see and i look forward to meeting some of you there
ps can put on stand for AM if it helps, but going for track time PM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Frankd,

You can go on club stand all day even if you plan to be on track in the afternoon, no problem you might of noticed in the past MK1 and MK2 roccos on track and also on the SciroccoWorld club stand.

Let me know asap if you want the last space on the SciroccoWorld club stand, should the scirocconet club stand get cancelled.

Heather

1 - 20 of 41 Posts