Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I just joined a few days ago, so I thought I'd come say hello!

Up until Friday 13th of March I was driving a Golf GTI Edition 30. Whilst travelling from Aberdeen to Manchester to watch Utd v Liverpool, some idiot ran into the back of me on the motorway, spun me round and I hit the barriers. Car had £18500 of damage and was obviously classed as a total loss. To add to my heartache, United got humped!
I'm finally getting somewhere with my insurance claim, so its time for a new car... so on Sunday I put down a deposit for a Scirocco R :D

Until thats ready (October - December the dealer reckons) I'm driving about in my mates girlfriends Smart car as shes moved away. Not the ideal mode of transport - but its got 4 wheels and an engine (just!).

So for the next few months I'll be loitering about keeping my eyes peeled for updates and asking stupid questions!

Pete

·
Registered
572 Posts
Cars can be replaced Pete as long as you're in one piece that's the main thing.

Question is are you the 1st on here to be ordering the Scirocco R ?

by the way welcome to the long wait :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Essexbird said:
Cars can be replaced Pete as long as you're in one piece that's the main thing.

Question is are you the 1st on here to be ordering the Scirocco R ?

by the way welcome to the long wait :D
Second order I think! - it was tonyiroc putting down a deposit that gave me the idea.

Yep, cars are replacable... but its pretty gutting. I was lucky I was in a solid VW car, as if it were a Clio or something French I'd probably have been alot worse. A few aches and pains still - but nothing serious.
I'll post a few pics later when I get home!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi Pete, and welcome to the board.

Congrats on the order, shame about the epic wait.

I would stay clear of the M.Way in the smart car, I know they are supposed to be tough little motors, but getting rear ended in one of those by a 20Ton Euro Hauler would be like being in a tennis ball served by Andy Roddick!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Le_Savage said:
I would stay clear of the M.Way in the smart car, I know they are supposed to be tough little motors, but getting rear ended in one of those by a 20Ton Euro Hauler would be like being in a tennis ball served by Andy Roddick!!!
I'm only using it for nipping back and forth to work a couple of days a week - which is a 5 mile journey never exceeding 40mph! It can go up to 85mph, and the day I collected it I had to come back via a dual carrigeway where I hit about 80mph. NEVER again - it feels really unsafe!!
Most of the time I use my GF's BMW 120 convertible. I probably feel more manly in the Smart car (thats saying something!) but at least the BMW is solid.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My poor golf:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Especially nasty when they're only prepared to pay out £16k, but to buy an identical replacement would cost me nearer £18.5k!
In the middle of disputing it... but at least I have time on my side just now.

I'm also still in a bit of physical pain - and haven't been able to play golf for the last 3 months :evil:
But as they say... sh1t happens!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scottyroc said:
what actually happpened dude?
I was driving along the motorway near Glasgow. The traffic infront of me started slowing down, so I slowed too. The guy behind me afterwards said he wasn't paying attention and never noticed me braking. He attempted to swerve round me, but caught my backside and spun me into the central reservation.
Thankfully no one was seriously injured.

Last year I was playing off a 13 handicap (which I was pretty pleased with!) - but theis year I have played 1 hole and then had to walk off cause it was too sore! Got some physio coming up soon, so hopefully they'll get me back on course (pardon the pun!)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scottyroc said:
i once ended up in the central reservation at 140mph in a seat leon...my fault though....fancied a sleep :shock: oh dear
How the hell did you manage to fall asleep at 140mph?! I thought the adrenaline would keep you wide awake!

imitebeurda said:
Oooh that sounds painful.........
Yep - my backside is still recovering :shock:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe he mis-spelt it.
He was driving at 140, fancied a SHEEP, and spent so long staring at it that he crashed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.