Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in contact with K&N to se when the new induction kit for the 2.0tsi GT is likely to be released. Apparently the airbox on the engine is very restrictive and the fitting of an induction kit can add 10% (20bhp) more power alone, more if combined with an exhaust. Don Marshall in K&N have informed me they are seeking a donor car to try out the product. So if you are in the Cheshire area give Don a shout, hopefully it will be a worthwhile call, oh and it might get me my kit a bit quicker!! :lol: ;)

Hello

Thank you for your enquiry. Our R&D Dept. tell me that we are currently seeking a donor car for the Scirocco 2.0tsi. If you are within striking distance of Cheshire and interested, please contact [email protected]

Regards

Don Marshall

Technical Assistance

K&N FILTERS (EUROPE) LTD

Tel - 01925 636950

Fax - 01925 418948

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure about others but will this be a open Cone filter or some form of sealed icebox and filter within as i could imagine heatsoak being a really big problem most cars ive had not VW ive lost power across the full range with open filter with prove to back it up :?:

The good thing of open filter is the sound though should be fun, but if your squeezing horse power and are a true enthusiast for performance most will be aware of Heatsoak.

just wondering what are peoples views on [email protected] Filters within the VW range , personally can.t see 20bhp release from a air filter even a gruppe m filter gives around 10bhp with an upgraded exhaust and thats debateable hope to hear good results just after wait and see. :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
i would have thought 10bhp from an exhaust and filter, not 20. I'm no expert but 20 sounds hight to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts