Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only hours to wait for my 1.4 Viper! Arriving tomorrow morning! Was kind of enjoying the anticipation - wish I had to wait another week or two to relish in the expectation. I lie! :D. Have the tools all ready to go for the pedal change and metal sill trims. Have the mud flaps too but not sure whether I fit them yet. Will have to judge how they will look. I have to fix stuff quick and then go in to work as its been delivered to home. Will try and post some pics tomorrow night. Hope it stays dry! My drive to work will be the most careful ever - :angel: I must not prang it!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Im kinda in the same boat. I'm getting my car back after not having it for over a month! So like getting a new car all over again. I had it delivered on the 1st of May then it went in to get fixed on the 5th so only had it for a couple of days!

Enjoy the car when you get it tomorrow. :thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer this morning to say my car should be in this week and I can pick it up next week. The loooong count down is nearly over. After driving borrowed cars for the last 3 months to say I'm looking forward to getting it would be an understatement!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Zoot welcome, we also have a 1.4 rocco, mud flaps are definately a wheel off job but are simple once the wheel is removed. Premium sill trims are easy to fit also and imho look excellent if not very protective! Look forward to the pictures, love the Viper Green :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All!

Had a great day with the new toy! It arrived at 9am and was able to change the pedals and fit the sill trims, mats and boot liner within about 30mins! That was after I took the delivery driver to the train station to get back home!
Thanks Rocket for your advise on the pedals - so glad I ordered the tool!
My only surprise was that I was expecting a black finish on the roof and interior liners but it was a pale grey almost white. Not sure I would have ordered the panaoramic roof if I had known as I ordered it purely for the light factor. Its obviously only the GT models that come black. I ordered the non GT version for various reasons. Its fine though as it makes it feel a bit more lighter which may not be to some of your tastes though. As for the sun roof - I think it looks really cool and glad I have it.

Its now got about 100 miles on the clock after all my running around today and the average consumption is reading 32mpg - I hope that improves! I was getting 54mpg average out of my Prius so its going to hit my pocket a bit more!

IPOD interface is great having tested it out with my friends nano and itouch - will have to get one now! I guess the USB option will be good but I like the fact that the ipod does all your sorting for you and you dont have to worry about naming rules and file structure hierarchy.

The feel is fantastic. Been using the sport mode as it tightens up the steering quite noticably which after the sloppy prius steering feels great!

Tomtom will fit fine in the cigarette compartment once I have a mounting ring to stick on the roof of the compartment. I have a 940 unit and get a full signal most of the time even in this position with no sky in view!

Getting a parott HFK fitted on Monday but haven't quite decided where to put it yet.

As for the colour - so glad I got the viper - love it! Looks great in the sun or the rain! Had a crowd of people oogling at it all lunch time at work!

Had a panic though when I saw a dent in the sill! Then realised theer was two dents, front and back. Then when I checked the other side of the car there were two more. Its a bit strange but I am assuming its where the jacking points are. Havent read any of the manual yet so I guess it will be in there some where!

Auto dipping of the passenger mirror worked fine after selecting reverse - nice touch. Dynaudio sounds great on the linited listening so far so I'm glad I ordered that option.
I really liked the GT wheels but I have to admit the Donningtons are growing on me and as most people have the GT I guess they will be a very rare site on the road!

So overall - I'm a happy bunny! If anyone needs to know anything about about the 1.4 TSI (non GT version) ask away!

Haven't had time to get good shots yet but here are a few of the new pedals.

Cheers....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meant to say that I havent had time to sort out the mudflaps yet. Still not sure about them but I guess I can always take them off again! Thanks Phill for your comments. Guess it will good practise getting the wheels off anyway! I think I read somewhere that someone had fitted them without taking the wheels off by just using the existing fixings but with only 2 fixing points I wonder how secure that would be?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
great pics zoot and dont forget to enter the photo comp a viper won last month so you never know, ditto thats also where i put my tomtom it can struggle to get signal for the live updates but you cant have everything can you :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.