Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what point you can still change the spec of your Roc in the order process?

I added the straight forward Dynaudio option and didn't realise that this meant losing the MDI for the 6 disc changer. Would far rather have the MDI.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats great to know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
dodds98 said:
at what point you can still change the spec of your Roc in the order process?

I added the straight forward Dynaudio option and didn't realise that this meant losing the MDI for the 6 disc changer. Would far rather have the MDI.

Can anyone help?
If I was in your position I'd keep the CD changer in the arm rest and buy the MDI connector cable thats lives in the glove box that way you get the best of both worlds - might add £1** to the cost though :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh! Didn't know about that either. Is that something you just connect yourself or is it a factory/dealer fit?

·
Registered
252 Posts
dodds98 said:
Oh! Didn't know about that either. Is that something you just connect yourself or is it a factory/dealer fit?
I think its an after market fit that you could probably do yourself, it's listed as €159 on the German VW Accessories website..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help rehmondo. I'll be in touch with the dealer tommorrow to ask some questions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
am i missing something here???

i ordered the Dynaudio, but still got the 6cd changer, albeit in the dash? whats the difference?

·
Registered
252 Posts
albertz33 said:
am i missing something here???

i ordered the Dynaudio, but still got the 6cd changer, albeit in the dash? whats the difference?
There is an option that is available I think its with Sat Nav, you get the Sat Nav with 30GB HDD, Dynaudio and 6CD Changer - which it says "in lieu of MDI" which means it fits in the centre arm rest, a guy I know online got this as the dealer misled him I think. Therefore as another option you can have the MDI connector fitted through the glove box.

·
Registered
283 Posts
albertz33 said:
i think you can change the spec up to one week before your build date.
dodds98 i was told i couldn't change when my buildweek became confirmed, i would check with dealer as i know another guy n another forum who phoned up to change and his car was being built, speak to your dealer

am i missing something as the standard GT spec without nav has the 6cd within the head unit? may be having a blonde moment

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your help and suggestions guys. I think I've just got myself confused over this and I've probably got nothing to worry about.

Going to give the dealer a call tomorrow as I haven't had the build week confirmed yet. Might see if I can add the bluetooth too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
rehmondo said:
If I was in your position I'd keep the CD changer in the arm rest and buy the MDI connector cable thats lives in the glove box that way you get the best of both worlds - might add £1** to the cost though :(
Interesting.
Since I have the Sat-Nav with the armrest CD changer (would have chosen that but took a car they had on order...) I have Been looking for a solution to get the MDI without going into the costs of removing the changer and installing the MDI instead.
I came across the MDI which can fit in the glove box on eBay but the guy said if I had the changer I could not fit the MDI too, even in the glove box.

So by the sounds of it, the guy didn't know what he was talking about!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
OK just fitted this to a touareg so as I understand it. The media interface unit fits to the aux socket on touch screen nav. If you have nav with integrated 6 disc in dash this is using the cd input therefore you can put the multimedia socket in your glovebox, as it replaces previous ipod cable. New multimedia has issues though due to sound quality that we are trying to iron out of our touaregs, neither of which have 6 disc both have single cd. But in theory it should work, but we are having to create unofficial technical solutions to get it to happen. We are getting crackling through speakers on pop tracks, we are having trouble working out why but I imagine its something to do with the treble and music compression. All tracks affected are pop tracks with speech & classical playing fine.

Open to ideas as these are £40k motor cars that need to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts