Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between white and a black rocco. I think the white looks a touch better but thats partly due to the silver wheels on the black rocco not looking quite right so im wondering if anyone has seen or has pics of a black one with black wheels?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Black on black generally doesnt work. It is very difficult to find the "same" black for the two if you understand what I mean (unless you get the wheels powder coated to match the car) and what you end up with is either the wheels (or worse) the car looking faded. Even if you do get the wheels powder coated you need to leave a silver or white "rim" between the black wheel and the tyre otherwise the tyre always looks grey/orange.

IMHO a white roc with black wheels is the way to go, its a tried and tested look ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Black on white is definately the way to go. I'm seriously considering it if white is an option on the R - or I might chicken out and go for Silver with black wheels. Kind of the same effect, but a little easier to keep clean!
The other question is... get the standard wheels powder coated - or buy a new set of BBS CH's in black. Obviously the 1st option is MUCH cheaper as CH's are about 2k in black 19's... but how good does powder coating actually look?

I've seen a few nice black on black - but I think its a desired taste.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was thinking like a transparent black on the wheels (not sure of the terminology) like a black paint wash on the metal of the wheel so u can still see the metal ... please excuse the crap terminology

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Check out this thread, pics of Interlagos powder coated black on a white roc, might give you some idea. Although look at the colour of the tyres. Unless you constantly clean your tyres I just dont think it looks well. Better going for black BBS rims with a stainless steel rim to keep the black from being right against the tyre.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=927&p=7094&hilit=powder+coated#p7094

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just worried black wheels on a white car ( the white already looks flash enough ) might looked too tricked out.. where as black with black tinted wheels could look the spawen of the devil and a touch more sophisticated..thoughts?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
poorleno said:
just worried black wheels on a white car ( the white already looks flash enough ) might looked too tricked out.. where as black with black tinted wheels could look the spawen of the devil and a touch more sophisticated..thoughts?
tough one without seeing them, but at the end of the day its your car and your decision

·
Registered
315 Posts
Have a black Sirocco with silver wheels and it looks fine. I am sorry if I offend anyone but think black wheels look horrible
(have seen pictures on Scirocconet) and make the Scirocco look 'downmarket' whatever the car's body colour.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tallguy said:
Have a black Sirocco with silver wheels and it looks fine. I am sorry if I offend anyone but think black wheels look horrible
(have seen pictures on Scirocconet) and make the Scirocco look 'downmarket' whatever the car's body colour.
do you have pics of yours?

·
Registered
28 Posts
got a picture of black on black scirocco. not sure of the wheels that are actually on there but you get the effect. i have a black scirocco and i am going to get black wheels. You can only actually tell the difference in colour when you get right up close and then who really notices! i say black with a silver lip will look brilliant!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I know the look you are going for (sort of a stealth look) if done right it is awesome, but IMHO its very difficult to get right unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money. Most show guys and tning companies shy away from it for this very reason. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No offence meant but in my opinion that pic looks pretty awful.

The sort of thing i was thinking of was thinking was more subtle possible gun smoke tinted wheels.. I guess one idea is to look at black gti's and find a pic. but the interlargos wheels suite the rocco to a T it would be great to get them in a darker more matt silver than the light silver they are in at the minute

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
poorleno said:
No offence meant but in my opinion that pic looks pretty awful.

The sort of thing i was thinking of was thinking was more subtle possible gun smoke tinted wheels.. I guess one idea is to look at black gti's and find a pic. but the interlargos wheels suite the rocco to a T it would be great to get them in a darker more matt silver than the light silver they are in at the minute
You can get them powder coated any colour you want. My brother has BBS's on his cooper "s" The guy down the road did them gun metal for about £50 a wheel. Perfect finish on them too. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.