Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 955 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As each day passes and its nearing just under a month before Rocco delivery day im wondering if there is anyone else out there who is also similarly struggling to contain their excitement??

Im also keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier than expected delivery!!

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been waiting 10 weeks now, and I must admit its getting a bit tedious to say the least, as I'm currently poodling around in the missus' yaris. However, this week the dealer did advise me that the scirocco is 'on the ship', so here's hoping i'm only down to a few days or so. He didn't actually say that the ship had left the harbour though!

I'm sure it will be worth the wait....

Cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MarkoRocco said:
I've been waiting 10 weeks now, and I must admit its getting a bit tedious to say the least, as I'm currently poodling around in the missus' yaris. However, this week the dealer did advise me that the scirocco is 'on the ship', so here's hoping i'm only down to a few days or so. He didn't actually say that the ship had left the harbour though!
I've been waiting around 12 weeks now, and likewise, its sooooo tedious!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been waiting for just over 14 weeks and still no word from the dealer other than to say I will probably have it in May. To say I hate driving my girlfriends Ka is an understatement. The worst of it is too that I work offshore and so in May I'm either at work or on holiday in Florida so probably won't be able to pick the Roc up until June. It's killing me :cry:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ordered 10th January delivery Sat 18th April :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
What spec did you go for Sam63? I ordered on the 31st Dec and as mentioned above I still don't know when delivery will be.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ordered a 2.0L TSI DSG in Black with Vienna Leather, 12 way electric seat, electric door mirrors, Dynaudio, rear parking sensors, Mats & flat tyre indicator, I did ponder getting the winter pack and DAB but decided against it biggest decision now is whether to sell or keep my modified G7 Celica which I've had since new for 8.5 yrs the sound of my 4" TRD exhaust is hard to give up :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dodds98 said:
I've been waiting for just over 14 weeks and still no word from the dealer other than to say I will probably have it in May. To say I hate driving my girlfriends Ka is an understatement. The worst of it is too that I work offshore and so in May I'm either at work or on holiday in Florida so probably won't be able to pick the Roc up until June. It's killing me :cry:
Im still driving my 147... and praying to god she doesnt break down and/or cost me a boat load of money before May 15th... lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had an update this morning. The car is 'in the country'. Anticipate taking delivery next Friday - back o' the net!
It seems 10wks is not too bad after reading some of your comments, considering I had to go for factory order.
Hopefully get a couple of pics to post in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in a similar situation to a couple of you then. Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday, collection will be on thursday, due to working hours over easter weekend.

I ordered 28th December; how does this compare to others taking delivery around now?

·
Registered
261 Posts
peterrowley said:
I'm in a similar situation to a couple of you then. Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday, collection will be on thursday, due to working hours over easter weekend.

I ordered 28th December; how does this compare to others taking delivery around now?
I ordered Jan 17th. and should be collecting this week too.
I had a call last Tues (April 7th) advising that my car was in transit on a ship but not heard anything since.
Should be anytime now.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
How does this order sytem work? I'm happy for you but how do you order almost 3 weeks after me and get it probably a month sooner? :?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah o.k! Thanks BM. This makes some sense, as even though I think I got a decent discount, at the time of the negotiation the dealer was saying he was in a position were he didn't have to give me any (discount) as their allocation was almost used up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
business manager said:
your car may have been ordered in the next month, a situation I am close to. I've got 2 cars to order this month one has already gone.
That's pretty crappy isn't it - honest paying customers having to wait a month more just because a dealer has already "used their allocation". Should it not be a case of customer wants, customer gets?

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
business manager said:
not if you want some sort of resale otherwise I'd sell everything with 10% off because it wouldn't matter
I dont follow...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
because if I had unlimited units I'd let everyone have 10% for a factory order and I'd order loads of scirocco's knowing its an easy car to sell meaning that the used ones would take a huge hit in value, plenty of supply lowers prices

1 - 20 of 955 Posts