Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

Audi A1

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TechNetiuM 
#1 ·
Girlfriends been on holiday all week and I had a trip with work down to London so took her Diesel A1, its the S-Line version with all the toys on. It's not fast but the build quality seems even better than the Scirocco and with all the toys on the things a joy to drive.

Also the s-line suspension on it makes it feel like a go-kart to drive compared to the Scirocco. Fire it into corners and it does not budge not matter how hard I try. Thoroughly impressed with her little A1.

The 65 mpg and half a tank from Warrington to London and back again was rather nice as well. Slightly depressing on my drive to work now and I see 26 mpg average ha.

#2 ·
They are nice but a bit too girly for me to buy one (although i'm thinking about getting a TT :shh: ) never driven an A1 though. Would you say it handles as well as a Roc?

#4 ·
Interesting. I'm waiting to see the BMW 2 Series, new TTRS, S3 / RS3 and new Rocco before deciding on my next car. The Roc has been awesome and tottally reliable so keeping it a few more years is no chore at all.

#5 ·
I've not driven the RS3 but the girlfriends dads taken me out in it and its beautiful to just cruise round in and you just know that if you need to boot it it will go some. Went from a standing start to 100 in it without any problems in about 7.5 seconds. With launch control they are as quick as the original R8 to 62.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.