1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
That looks awful.

·
Registered
144 Posts
got to agree with you there the work involved just adds nothing though VW over the years have got wise to de badging and have made it harder and harder to take them off without some time in the bodyshop.

·
Registered
484 Posts
dont like the painted grill dont look nice and did everybody notice the last pic

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was thinking of keeping the VW badge, but removing the Scirocco and 20tsi. Is there an easy way without damaging the paint? Mine is white also.

·
Registered
484 Posts
that looks nice but id say b careful of the paint work tho

·
Registered
484 Posts
aardvark54 said:
The backing had not fully set turbo. It peeled of like Blu-Tack.
that was handy for ya because that stuff can b hard 2 take off sometimes

·
Registered
69 Posts
looks much better without the badges dude.
glad i ticked that box now ive seen how much better it actually is.

cheers

JayR

·
Registered
89 Posts
aardvark54 said:
Just taken the badges off my 2.0TSI. Took about 5 minutes.
I have a diesel on the way and will be taking that badge off....badge SNOB, me Sir, no sir ! :)

Oh, how did you do it, credit card and hairdryer? Thats what the dealer recomended, seriously , they did

·
Registered
372 Posts
turbo said:
that looks nice but id say b careful of the paint work tho
warm the badges up a little bit with a hair dryer first and the sticky backing will soften. I've done lots of debadging before...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I guess you will be invited to the next meeting, and be my new bessy mate ! :)

Do a video and youtube it...

·
Registered
372 Posts
BigDawgBaker said:
Well I guess you will be invited to the next meeting, and be my new bessy mate ! :)

Do a video and youtube it...
haha, I'll be removing the model designation badges but am toying with the idea of colour coding the VW ones, What do you think?

I'll try and remember to do the vid :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
It sure is easy to clean. Trouble is, I sometimes wish they were still on there! The badges came off in seconds. No warming up or anything. A few actually fell on the floor once applied a little pressure with the old credit card.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts