Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autofest NI, Showgrounds, Ballymena,

Sunday 17th May 2009, 12-5pm

Was wondering if any members from this side of the Irish Sea would fancy attending the above event. Details of whats included listed below, if you are interested let me know asap.

Live Shows From Russ Swift (as seen on Jeremy Clarksons Heaven & Hell DVD)
International Stunt Bike Team
All types of Vehicles of Interest including Modified Cars, Themed Lorries, Motorbikes, Classic & Vintage Vehicles
Show & Shine Competition
War of the Websites Competition
Retail Village
Fun fair, Mini Quads & lots of entertainment for the family
Raffle in aid of N.I Chest Heart & Stroke

For more information see:- http://www.autofestni.com

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, was at the autofestni today, met up with the gtini.com guys at 9.30am and made our way to the show. Got there just after 11. I knew the heavens were about to open so I did the quickest spit and polish ever, sure enough, as I was wiping the last of the polish off............torrential downpour!! Did my bit and watched the gtini guys in the 5-a-side football tournament, and despite losing their first game 1-0 they went on to lift the trophy. As the first prize was for 8 people they have very kindly included me, so next month Im off to Kilrea for a free day's "dune buggying" class!! :D :D ;)

Thankfully just after lunch it dried up and the sun came out, and in fact I am home with a sun burnt face!! Some good entertainment, the trial bike display and the Russ Swift stunt show were good. There were some nice cars on display (and some truly TRULY hideous ones!!) but all great to look at, really loved the ferrari 360 and the brand new Shelby GT500 Mustang........... :shock: :shock: :cool: . Highlight of the day? Must have been the prize giving, did they get a local dignatory to give out the prizes? Maybe even the mayor?? Nope..........."Miss Northern Ireland pole dancer 2009" :lol: :lol: :lol: The poor guys collecting their trophy's didnt know where to look/put their hands.

Anyway if you want to see some pics here is a link to a photographer who was there, he didnt take any pics of the "roc" :( but you can see it in the one of the gtini stand. (there was a guy there from carsport magazine who took some pics of it so fingers crossed it may be in an upcoming edition!)

http://www.rallyphotographer.com/?q=showevent&event=476

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sounds like you had a fun day out all in all. Some nice cars there. Looks like the Fords and Subarus had a good turnout.

So out of interest, when (and where) do they hold the Miss Northern Ireland pole dancer competition?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh Tony, was a good day, a lot of fords/subaru's but I would say there were more VW's and german metal than anything! As for your wee girl, god knows where they hold it, and I dont think my wife would have let me go anyway!! :lol: :lol: Here's a few of my pics...................

This polo has a leather bonnet.............

Liked this one.............................. :D

This is a bit mad, the badge on the boot is the wee multi-coloured kids magnets!!

This Bora won one of the show prizes, nice car, there is a better pic later on............

These are the smallest wheels Ive ever seen!!

The RSI kit on this beetle looked well..............

This looked well, a pic later on of its "lambo doors"...............

oooh, theres that nice car again!! :D

nice wheels, how long do you reckon before a kid nicks the valve caps for his bike??

merc wheels on a passat estate, hmm, not sure............

mad, mad, mad car..............

..............ooh!!!

The bora again, up close this is a really good job.

There you go BM, forget Brown's £2K scrappage allowance, if VW gave 2 of these away with every new car, I would upgrade to a 2010 model tomorrow! :lol:

....Okay thats all the German cars, here's a couple of others that attracted my attention, the Shelby GT500 Mustang looked mean as hell!! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
222 Posts
car looked the best out of the lot, don't think much of the local girls though! where did they pull those two from?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BAIKAR said:
car looked the best out of the lot, don't think much of the local girls though! where did they pull those two from?
:lol: :lol: they werent local, they were from the south, they were promoting some drifting show, think they were the guys organising its girlfriends or something, they were a bit ropey right enough.. :shock: :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts