Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a very small light scuff on the left hand side front qtr just in front of the wheel arch from parallel parking with inches to spare front & rear yesterday :shock: :twisted:

I've done a quick council wash (ie. spit & wipe) & although it's less than half an inch long it's noticeable to me... hey ho... T Cut on the shopping list tonight :cry:

·
Registered
277 Posts
ooooh bad luck mate, ive noticed that the paintwork is not very resiliant, wiped off bird droppings with a damp cloth, and even that left a mark!! :shock:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although it's a company car so therefore I shouldn't be fussed what happens to it it's still my baby :cry:

Taken a pic... it's not really noticeable & just a scuff mark that hopefully should buff out

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Thats a nightmare mate :cry: :cry: Cannot really tell from those pictures, but would something like turtle wax colour magic (the one with the wee crayon!) and a good buffer take that out. I remember my eldest decided to write his name on my ex-wife's beetle convertible with a stone (I know :lol: :lol: ) her friend used it and a hand buffer, after a lot of elbow grease you could not even see it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
shooms said:
Noticed a very small light scuff on the left hand side front qtr just in front of the wheel arch from parallel parking with inches to spare front & rear yesterday :shock: :twisted:

I've done a quick council wash (ie. spit & wipe) & although it's less than half an inch long it's noticeable to me... hey ho... T Cut on the shopping list tonight :cry:
Sorry to hear the bad news, never a good time when you relaise the car has been in a scrape.

I would seek some professional advice before applying a liberal coat of T Cut as you might find that a mop over with compound and a machine polish will see it good. Not being an expert in detailing I am not the best to comment but have heard terror tales from people after application of seemingly harmless T Cut which is very abrasive and can do more harm than good.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
as for the comments about poor paint work mine id diamond brighted so bird crap and bugs just wash off leaving no marks, you can buy the 2 part kit on ebay for around 40 quid, 2 hours later the whole car was done

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers chaps... Le Savage - good call on T Cut... I think I'll check out something less harsh... hopefully with a good quality wax & some elbow grease it'll come out

Also ta Roccorocket - will google that diamondbrite stuff

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
shooms said:
Cheers chaps... Le Savage - good call on T Cut... I think I'll check out something less harsh... hopefully with a good quality wax & some elbow grease it'll come out

Also ta Roccorocket - will google that diamondbrite stuff
http://www.jewelultra.co.uk/Diamondbrite give this a try for info, its really good stuff water just beads and runs off the wifes red polo looks amazing diamond brighted, its on ebay for £4.99 + 2.49 post

·
Registered
372 Posts
diamond brighted mine too, then added a couple of layers of wax and a couple of final clear coat layers. Been mint ever since. :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you don't already use it - get RainX on your windows it is AWSOME, used it for years. In heavy rain/overtaking trucks in the wet, don't need the wipers, weird thing is need wipers more in light drizzle.

Just Buy Some !!!! :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
53 Posts
So Diamondbrite, is it easy enough to apply? Also can you apply it to the badges or do they have to be avoided?

I've done some looking about on the internet, but personal experiences would be great.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
dodds98 said:
So Diamondbrite, is it easy enough to apply? Also can you apply it to the badges or do they have to be avoided?

I've done some looking about on the internet, but personal experiences would be great.
yeah very easy apply the pre glaze just like you would polish leave to dry, then add the sealer over the pre glaze let that dry then polish off, its as simple as that

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks mate. Is it alright to go over the badges?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Zarger said:
If you don't already use it - get RainX on your windows it is AWSOME, used it for years. In heavy rain/overtaking trucks in the wet, don't need the wipers, weird thing is need wipers more in light drizzle.

Just Buy Some !!!! :!: :!: :!:
I back this up all the way, have been a Rain x user (the wife calls it spray away) for last 8 or so years and swear by it. As Zarger states it eliminates the need to use wipers almost entirely, I find an occassional wipe at low speeds required or a quick squirt on the loud pedal breaks the waters adhesion to the screen and it simply blows away.

My only word of caution is that it can be too good at it's job and in heavy rain where everyone else is struggling to see out the screen a car with Rain X can still safely drive at normal speed which can catch out other drivers who think you are doing 45 on mway when in fact you are doing considerably more and they pull out in your path.

You do also get some strage looks from other road users who probably think your wipers are broken. This also reminds me of a story my grandad used to tell me when I was a nipper about how drivers used to inadequate or non existent wipers would cut a potato in half and rub this on the screen as the starch had a similar effect in preventing the rain from adhering to the glass... not sure if it was one of his storys or actually had some factual basis and tbh have never tried it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks again. Have made my ebay purchase, now all I need is the car to put it on :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice pics. I'm getting reflex silver myself but love the opal too. Was a tough choice for me. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
dodds98 said:
Nice pics. I'm getting reflex silver myself but love the opal too. Was a tough choice for me. Thanks again for your help.
cool reflex was my first choice but ended up buying a car from stock 3 months was too long to wait, i see your from newcastle maybe we could do a northern meet sometime

1 - 20 of 25 Posts