Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great site and all your positive comments persuaded me to take a test drive. After a fantastic time, I took the plunge and ordered mine at the arse end of last year.

Ordered Black 2.0 GT TSI with truffle leather, parking sensors, folding mirrors, winter pack, Dynaudio (can't wait to put some terrible tracks on really loud), premium carpet mats, cruise and missile launchers (getting carried away, the last one is a lie).

I also asked for badge deletion, but a couple of people have said that you only do that when you have a less powerful model. I just thought it looked a little less cluttered at the back. I'd be interested in any of my fellow owners (or soon to be owners) thoughts on this most crucial of matters. Also, I'm aware you can get sills from the dealership but not the flashy metal pedals. Are they easy to fit yourself if you buy elsewhere?

·
Registered
484 Posts
well done on buyin the rocco

u can take the badges off urself there is a thread around here somewhere about it i cant find it now i think it looks savage without the badges i will b donin it when i get mine

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tzameti

Welcome aboard.

It is open for debate deleting the badges as if you have the 2.0l turbo why not show it off? I agree that the back looks much sleaker and cleaner without the badges so I ticked the box. I am also aware that a couple of guys removed them post delivery and are pleased they have done so. One thing you do get is more questions from people asking what it is you are driving but that's no bad thing.

Needless to say the 1.4 and diesel boys will be deleting them however they will be shown a clean rear end at the lights badge or no badge. :mrgreen:

I have ordered the cills and pedals post delivery as I have seen them fitted and they add the extra edge to what is already a stunning car. I have agreed a deal with my dealership that I will pay for the parts and they will fit them for free :D

Roc On!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both LCM and Turbo for such a speedy reply. Glad I chose black and now delighted I plumped for badge deletion. LCM - your car looks well top as they say over the pennines.

·
Registered
484 Posts
no bother at all thats what we are here for

·
Registered
454 Posts
Get a private plate on it and you will appreciate how uber cool it really looks!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think it looks understated in black so having badge deletion just makes it that little bit classier in my humble opinion. Horses for courses though, and it'll look good if it had Alex Ferguson's face on the back. Er, actually, on second thoughts...

Anyroad up, as the pedals are not advertised by VW, am I assuming (from other threads) you have to have them retro fitted with Golf GTI Mk5 ones? Are they easy to do?

And I still haven't seen ONE Scirocco on the road yet? Bloomin' eck, I'm starting to wonder if I've bought an invisible car!

·
Registered
484 Posts
well im from ireland and here there is a sports pack ya can get which i did and has the pedals savage lookin i think and also here in ireland they are not many around but have seen them on the road

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi everyone - can anybody tell me if the 1.4 actually says 1.4 on the back or just TSI? - I havent opted for deletion but was wondering if I should

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Im happy with my TDI Badge and wouldnt consider deleting any badge on car as I see a debabdged car I assume base model.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
tommc said:
Im happy with my TDI Badge and wouldnt consider deleting any badge on car as I see a debabdged car I assume base model.
And that is the point, you are an unknown quantity if nobody knows what it is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi everyone - so does anyone have the 1.4 with the badges and if so what does it say?

·
Registered
149 Posts
dont worry - I looked on the used vw site and it just says TSI on the back of the 1.4 from the ones that are for sale on there

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 1.4 TSi - it just says TSi on the back :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts