Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

in an ideal world, money is no object, whose brakes would you put on your 'rocco?

• Brembo

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • AP Racing

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Alcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EBC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Black Diamond

• Tarox

• Audi S3/Golf R32 Brakes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Audi RS4 Brakes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm weighing up my options with regards to the best brakes to put on the rocco.
i've been looking on the web for comparisons but can't find any.
so i though't i'd put it to you knowledgeable bunch!!!
so what brake kits wopuld you puton your rocco if you had the choice and the cash?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have a set of 320mm movit discs and a set of calipers from a porsche 911 on my UR quattro and they do the job nicely... never had any bother with them on road or track. AFAIR the movit brand are the same kit as porsche but branded movit for the resale market. QSTuning.com do supply and fitting of the movit range as well as other brands.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been scouring the web...
lots and lots of scoobie, evo, and general owners club sites have been doing these comparisons.
they reckon that AP are the best to go for.
also, they're not the obvious choice as the houshold brake kit name is brembo. this makes AP even more attractive as they're a little different.
for anybody who wants literally THE BEST brake kit, alcon are the best choice. however they are ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
pat15312 said:
been scouring the web...
lots and lots of scoobie, evo, and general owners club sites have been doing these comparisons.
they reckon that AP are the best to go for.
also, they're not the obvious choice as the houshold brake kit name is brembo. this makes AP even more attractive as they're a little different.
for anybody who wants literally THE BEST brake kit, alcon are the best choice. however they are ridiculously expensive.
any idea how much?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
pat15312 said:
the AP kit i'm looking at is £1552
the guy at demontweeks said that an alcon kit is about £3000 :shock:
ouch
Like most things... .you need to weigh up the cost against how much stopping power you actually need, whacking a ceramic brake kit on a 250BHP Rocco is pure glee boy territory and nothing more than a waste of money. A modded Rocco up to 350BHP would see adequate stopping power out of a £1200 set of brakes be they brembo, AP, Porsche or whatever, they are all pretty much the same out of the box. I Run a 350BHP UR Quattro with Porsche brakes which weight considerably more than the Rocco and this stops far quicker than many modern production cars, something I have proved time and again at various track days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.