Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

In your opinion what is the best sat nav?

• Tom Tom

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Garmin

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • factory optional extra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Becker

• Binatone

• Navman

• Magellan

• Clarion

• Road Angel

• Traffic Master

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would try and get some opinions and views on what you consider the best portable Sat Nav available as I now need to purchase one as my previous car had RNS-E built in. So, which manufacture/model should I be looking for, budget is max £150.
Your views please...........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tomtom getting the votes, even 2 of my work colleagues say Tomtom. Any opinions on the IQ version of the one XL?

·
Registered
261 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
i have a tomtom 540 live and love it , i have tried gramin and dont rate them
I've just bought one of those but haven't used it yet.
Where do you find is the best place to attach it SR? On the windscreen or on the dash?
I also bought one of those Pro Clips so that it could be attached to the central air vent but I don't like the idea of putting it there now in case it hinders my AC.
I love my air conditioning.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
okay guys, poll added, whats the best sat nav? Is a VW option worth it? Sholld you use the money elsewhere and buy an aftermarket option? Is the DVD option with the satnav worth the extra? submit your votes................. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
imitebeurda said:
okay guys, poll added, whats the best sat nav? Is a VW option worth it? Sholld you use the money elsewhere and buy an aftermarket option? Is the DVD option with the satnav worth the extra? submit your votes................. ;)
Not when it doesn't deliver you to the last 2 digits of a post code, or can't be taken out a and used in your Mrs' car.
I'm sure it must be great to be able to glance at the MFD to see your directions but not worth the extra bucks IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.