Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
In a can of tinting spray. The lights have to be separated and sprayed from the inside. Do them too dark and you'll be in trouble though! Alternitively use the ultimate budget mod and take the lights out, put them in a pair of tights and refit - you'll be the envy of every saxo on the road! :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
elliott181288 said:
i just think it looks really good on the heiniger concept. would you recomend doing this?
Depends on the colour of the car and how well they are done. Unless your good with a spray can I'd get a bodyshop to do it as it would look crap with uneven coverage. Niche Conversions have lightly tinted their demo roc's rear clusters if i remember correctly.

I saw an astra with blacked out lights once and you could hardly tell when it was braking or indicating, not very safe!
I think its only a matter of time before a company like Ultra brings out black led rear clusters. They wouldn't even need reflectors if you keep the stock bumper (due to reflectors located here).

I quite like the stock lights myself !

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Candy Monster said:
Alternitively use the ultimate budget mod and take the lights out, put them in a pair of tights and refit - you'll be the envy of every saxo on the road! :lol:
Brilliant!! IMHO I would like to change the rear clusters, on my 5-series I had the stock set, a set of clear rear lights and a set of smoked. I was never done changing them! I would agree with Candy though, you do not want to ruin the car with a half-assed mod, wait for someone to bring them out. Given the veedub modding market it wont be long........... :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.