Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered before but wonder if anyone could answer a few questions about Bluefin if they have experience of it.

I get my new Scirocco TDi (140) in about 6 weeks and am seriously looking at using Bluefin on it, I have abolutely no experience of any tuning anything other than a radio in the past.

Firstly has anyone done used Bluefin on this model, if so is the difference in performance hugely noticeable?

Secondly, like one or two others have mentioned, I am a bit wary of tampering too much with a brand new car - I am reasonably clued up on computers so that side of things shouldn't present any problems but is it really as easy as it looks and what is the worst case scenario if anything goes wrong?

Finally, can it be done straight away or is it best to wait until the car has done a few '000 miles?

Thanks in advance,

PJMoorhouse.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Hi mate. Can't comment on your particular model but I Bluefin'd mine on Friday. It is amazingly simple. Plug in to the car. Hit a button. Plug into the PC. Follow the instructions and download the new map. Plug back into the car and follow the instructions. Done! Whole process took about 20 minutes. Car is much quicker through the mid-range but not a huge difference from a standing start in my opinion. My car has only done 300 miles.

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.