Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a Bluefin'd Roc had any problems with their car at all (2.0 TSI)? And if so, were there any warranty issues with your dealership?

What tuners offer a rolling roaded set up, sorry but I'm new to VW so don't have a clue what tuning there is available! I know Regal tune VAG cars, anyone had any dealings with them? I come from a Corsa VXR so have heard plenty about Regal, they are highly regarded on vxronline.co.uk.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
APS are well respected within the VW community and they do rolling road tuning etc.

I have the Bluefin remap and I am very very pleased with it. My car feels untouchable now! My dealership have basically told me they couldn't care less about it. Any warranty work they do is billed to VW so why would they turn away the business? Also, Superchips offer a years warranty that takes over if yoru car suffers any issues as a result of their remap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Evil Derboy :thumbup: I see from your figures the bluefin is definately worth doing! Do you have any other mods to make that power? Seems a big increase over standard?

I mirror your thoughts on the warranty, but I have heard numerous horror stories of Vauxhall not honouring warranties because of remaps, people having to shell out for a new engines etc. (they may have had other mods I was unaware of).

I currently own a Corsa VXR which is pretty quick for what it is, but the Scirocco looks slower on paper, hence my interest in the Bluefin. Whether it feels slower or not I'm not too sure, haven't had a test drive in a Roc yet.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I have no other engine or similar mods what-so-ever. Remapping a turbo charged car always gives impressive gains as the boost pressure can be increased etc.

On a Normally aspirated car the gains are much much smaller. But is if you have a look at Superchip's powergraph for the Scirocco (www.mybluefin.com) you will see that Superchips reports 217BHP before the remap. The Corsa VXR is a very fast motor but most people who have dyno'd the Scirocco (including journalists) are reporting that the the stock 2.0TSI Scirocco is delivering around 217bhp and is capable of 0-60 in around 6 and a half seconds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, depending on how the Scirocco feels I may not bother with the Bluefin, if it feels on par with my Corsa (which I imagine it will) I may just leave as it is.

Thanks for your replies though Derboy, your figures are tempting me towards the Bluefin... :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep I_Roc, got the 2.0tsi.
The turbo just seems to be a lot stronger mid to high than before and as a test on way home tonight I stayed in 6th gear, pulling about 1300 revs and just put my foot down...... normally I would have to change down to get a more instant response.

Superb investment

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
evo17paul said:
Yep I_Roc, got the 2.0tsi.
The turbo just seems to be a lot stronger mid to high than before and as a test on way home tonight I stayed in 6th gear, pulling about 1300 revs and just put my foot down...... normally I would have to change down to get a more instant response.

Superb investment
Nice one Paul. Must agree, if I was only going to do 1 mod to the car it would be that :thumbup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
been running bluefin since february and had no issues other than increased front tyre wear, indeed left map on the car when it went back to dealers, product does what it says on tin however i'm not 100% convinced on their figures, superchips will rolling road your car at their HQ for a small fee, mine has been there a couple of times now (we've seen a difference of 18bhp between rocs with bluefin), having seen the profiles from other compaines thus far Bluefin car had more torque

·
Registered
173 Posts
wigit said:
been running bluefin since february and had no issues other than increased front tyre wear, indeed left map on the car when it went back to dealers, product does what it says on tin however i'm not 100% convinced on their figures, superchips will rolling road your car at their HQ for a small fee, mine has been there a couple of times now (we've seen a difference of 18bhp between rocs with bluefin), having seen the profiles from other compaines thus far Bluefin car had more torque
Not anymore :wave: My revised AMD map is showing as higher now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.