Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A query;

M y missus has just bought a Tiguan with Bluetooth, but cannot get her Nokia-E71 ( fancy thingy) to connect to the car, she has been told that there is no software for this phone yet?
Sounds crap, any views or Ideas, eg; can she herslef get the phone to connect, or do we need to wait for a software up-grade for the Tiguan? ( Which i guess is just the same as the Scirocco)??

All the best, Steve

·
Registered
132 Posts
Steve - the Nokia E71 is definitely rSAP compatible and this is a requirement for the Roc bluetooth option, don't know what the Tiguan spec is but I would guess this is the area you will need to look at. Could just be a configuration issue on either one - I am told that rSAP phones do work well with the Roc factory fitted bluetooth option.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I will teek the 'Boss' ( wife) what you've said, maybe she's still learning to work it?

Steve

·
Registered
132 Posts
Correct, it is a protocol that the defines the communication standard between two devices i.e. the Nokia E-71 and the Bluetooth host in the car. So long as both are compatible then they should not have any problems 'talking' to each other thus giving you the benefit of hands free and remote control etc. The flip side is that rSAP is relatively rare in mobile phones so quite why VW has adopted it I am not sure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typical, heres me thinking the VW has old tech. when in fact it's too new...
Cheers anyway.

Is there any websites, or ways around the system that anyone knows about? :|

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm getting really confused with this.
I've been in a couple of mobile phone shops to see weather or not my phone has 'rSAP' and no one knows what i'm talking about, they have never heard of it before.
Can't find it anywhere on the specs on the phone manufacturers website and google doesn't seem to be much use either.
Guess I will just have to wait for the Roc to arrive and hope for the best!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
bwfly88 said:
I'm getting really confused with this.
I've been in a couple of mobile phone shops to see weather......
Haven't been in a shop recently where the 'youf' behind the counter had a clue what he was talking about...........

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found this if its any help sure you can make out what you need baring in mind:

ja=yes nein=no :D

Hersteller = Manufacturer
Mobiltelefonsoftwarean UHV StandardTeilenummer = Tested Mobiletelephone software an UHV Standard
Teilenummer Mobiltelefonadapter = Part number phone adapter
Telefon unterstützt Bluetooth A2DP Profile = Phone supports Bluetooth A2DP profile
Bemerkungen = comments

Please clink on link Below

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/filea ... kw2208.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts