Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you stand in term of the dealer buying back or even handing back your car? Im sure they would buy it at a fraction of the price but im talking more of deal to take into account thats its never been right from the start.

Had the car from new since october 08 and fed up with taking it back with problem (6 times so far, a 7th needed!)

Got to say i have never had to take a car back so many times and im fed up now.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
kianok, on what terms did you purchase the car? Cash, finance, HP, company car? Honestly, I think you are going to take a big hit on it. If you have already got all the problems sorted do you not think the worst of it is over??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it cash. Im self employed so can offset some of the loss. I know im not going to get the full sale price back but i would expect more than market value since it's been a nail from new.

The problem is the faults havent been sorted. Keeps going back for the same problems (mainly wipers and radio not turning off, Its out there now playing along to itself!)

Got to say i have never had to take a car back under warrenty any where near as much as i have with this.

I would go so far as to say it's the worst car i have ever bought.

Can i also add i paid £1500 quid for a sat nav unit i cant use!

Had i have bought a Tomtom that had one faulty in the first year it would have been changed without a problem. Why do VW not do the same with a £1500 unit?????

Poor poor poor. The last VW i will ever buy!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think your best plan is to insist on a threeway meeting - you/your dealer/someone from VW UK - to sort the matter out for once and for all. You could talk to a solicitor about your chances of rejecting the car legally (probably low) and if your dealer buys your car back voluntarily you are going to lose a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Hi Kianok,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your car. I too am having issues. My car has been sat at the local dealers for nearly a month. I don't know the history of the problems or what you have done to try and get the issues resolved so fa, but I agree with some other sentiments on here. I think that you need to seriously escalate this problem to get it sorted out once and for all. It may well be that you've already done this but I'd certainly recommend going higher up the chain until you get a result.

With the issues that I had, I wrote a letter straight to the MD of the dealer group and have been getting updates almost daily ever since, (from three different parties). It certainly spoils the ownership experience when you get a new car that has problems but things could be worse, at least yours is sat outside! Even if it is having a wee disco party to itself.

Definitely get writing some letters. You may be surprised at the results. Best of luck with it and keep us posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I was the only one who wasnt happy with their purchase!

Going to call VW UK today, been trying to call the dealer all morning but no answer!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I case anyone whas wondering what was happening to my Nav unit i thought I'd post this vid. And yes when it happens there is no way of turning off or turning the buzzing noise down! The noise only comes out of the rear speakers.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
After seeing that vid i can't understand why this hasn't been replaced. Please don't take this the wrong way but I just can't understand how you've allowed the problems to drag on so long without getting a solution. Time to step it up a gear. Write to VW UK, the dealer principle of the local dealership, trading standards, the press. Anyone that you have to to get this problem resolved.

Personally speaking there is no way I would have been in and out the number of times that you have for the same problems. The longer this drags on the weaker your position becomes.

If need be, get VW involved and have another dealer sort out the issue. After all the dealer just charges the work to VW so it's no skin off their nose to order the parts and swap them over.

Take charge man! It's time to kick some ass!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to give them every chance to sort the problems out. Now the problems have returned, chances over!

Spoken to VW UK today and they agree that this should have all been sorted well before now. As far as rejecting the car, they cant get involved as the agreement is between me and the dealer that sold me the car.

Just started that process today with them so I will see how it goes.

It's fair to say I have well and truly fallen out with the car and have no interest in it whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
kianok said:
I wanted to give them every chance to sort the problems out. Now the problems have returned, chances over!

Spoken to VW UK today and they agree that this should have all been sorted well before now. As far as rejecting the car, they cant get involved as the agreement is between me and the dealer that sold me the car.

Just started that process today with them so I will see how it goes.

It's fair to say I have well and truly fallen out with the car and have no interest in it whatsoever.
Can't blame you. But if they sort it out you're attitude will change. Funny thing with cars. Doesn't matter how small the problem may be. If you know it's not the way it should be you kind of shun the thing. I've always been that way anyway. But once I know its sorted its like getting a brand new car again.

Anyway think yourself lucky! I've just been told that the part that my car is waiting on definitely won't arrive till the 30th. The car has been in the dealers since the 5th of May!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Before my 'roc, I had an Eos, bought new. I had issues with it, which werent taken care of, and I went down the rejection route. I succesfully rejected, go the full purchase price back, which enabled me to get a specced up 'roc.

It is a bit of a pain, and got a bit stressful, but it is definitely worth it. If any of those considering rejection are interested in my experience, I will gladly share it with you, and let you know the process I went through. Just PM me....

·
Registered
261 Posts
kianok said:
I case anyone whas wondering what was happening to my Nav unit i thought I'd post this vid. And yes when it happens there is no way of turning off or turning the buzzing noise down! The noise only comes out of the rear speakers.

That car is definitely haunted mate. I wouldn't get back in it if I was you :shock:
Call a priest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imitebeurda said:
.............Just watched the video. Did you ever see the film "White Noise" :shock: :? ..........spooky
It's not fun driving round with that buzzing away. Drives you mad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.