Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Right I have just asked about renting a scirocco in the general part
But here I want to ask has anyone brought/ imported there scirocco from Europe? A mate said you can buy direct form the maker and save a bomb! Is it true? If so has anyone dune this?
What about tax? And if you are buying form the dealer in Germany how much you looking at saving?

Please help me with anything on this
Thanks . jak

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You can't buy direct but you can collect from Wolfsburg saving delivery which is currently 410+VAT. Let me know if you want to do this as I've never done it so need to find out how we organise it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi business manager

first of all how do you VW dealers get the cars Form the manufacture? And if you don’t mind me asking how much is a scirocco before it goes few a salesroom, RRP is £20,500 how much would you expect to pay?

I will definitely let you know any information on getting a car as I get it.
I already know that you how to register a new car in the UK I recommend www.direct.gov.uk for more info.

I have also been informed that you can order and go collect it 6 weeks after ordering, but what I want to know is how to place the order in the first place and how wuch would i save befor a sailsmen put a comision on the car.

can anyone help me please?

thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
A Volkswagen dealer gets a 14.5% margin in a brand new Scirocco. I give 10% of this online to Scirocconet users. Volkswagen will currently (as with all manufacturers) only supply to dealers. The only way around this is to obtain an RFO number which then identifies you as a business with a fleet. In this instance VW will supply direct but a dealer still administrates the sale. Volkswagen won't sell direct to consumer as this would alienate the dealer network which it needs to provide you with your servicing and demonstration facilities.

·
Registered
19 Posts
to be fair, when you walk into a showroom from a dealership and speak to the sales guy that you want to buy a car, you actualy are paying almost for the service, vw keep massively tight reins when it goes to customer satisfaction even if you don't buy the car, the moment you enter the showroom, you should be looked after, plus if you buy from a direct site you don't get to look around a example car, you literaly just guessing what it will look like in the car as well as looking at a potential car you good be driving, its all about negociation, you use direct and remove the fun of buying cars

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
business manager said:
You can't buy direct but you can collect from Wolfsburg saving delivery which is currently 410+VAT. Let me know if you want to do this as I've never done it so need to find out how we organise it.
I would reckon it would cost you more than this in fuel and ferry/chunnel costs to get it back. Few years back when UK new car prices were extortionate and the euro was weak everyone in Northern Ireland went south to buy there new cars (cos it was the same as mainland europe and the cars were RHD as standard). I remember buying a megane coupe (monaco) that would have cost me £18,500 new in the UK and I got it for £14,500 in the south with a sunroof thrown in. I would reckon (without research) that given UK prices are now more competitive, and the collapse in sterling, plus BM's discount it would be very difficult to beat that with a dealer in Europe. Any saving would probably be minor compared to the inconvenience of having to go and get it!! :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts