Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - would be interested in hearing views on the level of road noise toward the mid to rear of the Roc. Appreciate a lot depends on the actual road surface but I find that it is in excess of what I would have expected from a quality built car. Mine is fitted with the 18' Interlagos and while I still maintain the 'big smile' the noise level can become a bit tedious on a longer journey!

·
Registered
144 Posts
its a hell of a lot quieter than my 2007 honda civic type r gt and its a sports car at the end of the day so its not going to be any phaeton.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Le_Savage said:
olek said:
Hi - would be interested in hearing views on the level of road noise toward the mid to rear of the Roc. quote]

So don't you sit in the front when you drive??? :D
No need, gears = automatic, speed = cruise control, mirrors = folding/tilting, lights = auto, music = ipod, steering = sat nav but I guess I could try it to see if it is quieter :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
olek said:
Le_Savage said:
olek said:
Hi - would be interested in hearing views on the level of road noise toward the mid to rear of the Roc. quote]

So don't you sit in the front when you drive??? :D
No need, gears = automatic, speed = cruise control, mirrors = folding/tilting, lights = auto, music = ipod, steering = sat nav but I guess I could try it to see if it is quieter :D
LOL... not such a crazy thought... I reckon it's not as far away as some people might think, what with automatic distance control and emergency braking. It's only a small leap to have all cars following each other neatly along the m-way doing the correct speed to keep the traffic flowing and communicating so as to know when to slow down and speed up. Dila in the junction you want to leave at and hey presto. Scary.. not really just reality although I can see all those that want to get the DRL's switched off breaking out into a cold sweat at the thought of it all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sciroccorocket said:
ive never noticed as my wife and daughter that never shut up
Letting the wife wash the car is one thing but allowing her and the children to sit in it .......... :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Le_Savage said:
olek said:
Le_Savage said:
LOL... not such a crazy thought... I reckon it's not as far away as some people might think, what with automatic distance control and emergency braking. It's only a small leap to have all cars following each other neatly along the m-way doing the correct speed to keep the traffic flowing and communicating so as to know when to slow down and speed up. Dila in the junction you want to leave at and hey presto. Scary.. not really just reality although I can see all those that want to get the DRL's switched off breaking out into a cold sweat at the thought of it all.
Yeah the currant government would love that wouldn't they. To have us all connected to a giant GPS database so that they know where we all are every driving moment.
20 mph speed limits in every city in the country, I can see it now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
olek said:
Hi - would be interested in hearing views on the level of road noise toward the mid to rear of the Roc. Appreciate a lot depends on the actual road surface but I find that it is in excess of what I would have expected from a quality built car. Mine is fitted with the 18' Interlagos and while I still maintain the 'big smile' the noise level can become a bit tedious on a longer journey!
What tyres do you have. I have always found the dunlops noisy, I had the dunops on my last car (a bmw mini) too and found there was a lot of tyre roar. I find the car itself very quiet and refind.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i second that, the dunlops are much noisier, had michelin pilot sports on my GTI, it was about half the volume of the ROC, but i just turn the music up!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts