Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a way to reset the head unit? Its the 510 (i think) It has nav.

None of the buttons work and nothing shows up on the MFD. When you turn of the ignition i still stays on.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Maybe disconnect the battery?? I'm sure there will be a setting in VAG com to reset the unit. Also you might find it has an internal power source to prevent it losing station info, but this could just as easily be stored solid state.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got back from the dealers and it's dead! Had to have it disconnected so it doesnt drain the battery.

Booked in for a new head unit on the 1st May!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well at least you are getting it sorted, let us know how you get on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. It worked fine until this morning. Was flicking through radio stations on my way to work then the whole thing just froze. If you turn it off the screen goes black but its still churning out BBC Leeds (thats as far as I got before it froze).

Dealers were pretty good though (Gilders Sheffield) Looked at it straight away.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
kianok said:
Just got back from the dealers and it's dead! Had to have it disconnected so it doesnt drain the battery.

Booked in for a new head unit on the 1st May!
Well I did say to disconnect the battery!!

Sorry to hear it's 7ucked and hope that get you a replacement pronto, in the meantime you can just revel in the lovely exhaust note as the 2.0TSi pops between gears... music to my ears :p :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Le_Savage said:
Well I did say to disconnect the battery!!
You were bang on Le_Savage.

Well almost, it worked out to be more convenient to disconnect the head unit!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote="imitebeurda"

Dont tell him he was right! He is bad enough already!! (you know I am only joking!! :lol: ;) )[/quote]

Hence why i made sure i included the work almost!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem sorted today. It would seem that it was a software problem that VAG are aware of.

All updated and ready to go!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
kianok said:
[quote="imitebeurda"

Dont tell him he was right! He is bad enough already!! (you know I am only joking!! :lol: ;) )
Hence why i made sure i included the work almost![/quote]

LOL... I only just spotted this now.

It's time like this I like to rely on one of my favourite phrases; "I'm not always right, but i'm never wrong" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.