Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped into the dealers this morning to drop my insurance certificate off.

Car arrived yesterday - so had a look round it. Quite like the two tone effect of plastic wrap on pearl black!

The problem - dealer pointed out it has arrived with Xenons. An option I wanted, but could not order. The dealer has been charged for the vehicle equipped with xenons. Of course, I haven't been charged for this option. They want to pass this cost onto me. I have already paid for the vehicle in full. Have they got me over a barrel?

G.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No, you should only pay for the spec you ordered, if they can't provide you with that spec than that's their problem and they should sort it out with VW. It's a breach of terms and conditions, your not getting the spec you ordered so why should you pay extra? If you want to keep them happy then go back and say I'm not paying the £845, but I am willing to pay £300 or something towards it etc

If I were in your shoes I would not even consider paying a penny, keeping the dealer happy should not be your priority it should be the other way around and they should certainly not fleece another £800+ out your pocket - they should be working hard with VW to resolve this for you not coax you into resolving it for them!

Anyways that’s my rant over.

·
Registered
315 Posts
As you wanted the Xenons at the time you ordered the car, a fair compromise has to be you splitting the cost with the dealer. However, see if VW will absorb any of the cost first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont think you should pay towards the xenons.... You have agreed a price for the car which has arrived. Even tho it has an added cost, it is a cost to the dealer, not you.
Surely they need to 'claim back' the cost from the factory and not from you. You should only pay for what you specified.

I say this as my girlfriend ordered a new FORD 3 years ago and specified half leather. It arrived with FULL leather and they didn't even suggest she pay more money. They or the factory made the mistake to which she benefited!

I too tried to order xenons but was told they had been discontinued. That was in October, we collect it next Monday......... I'll be turning the lights on straight away....... fingers crossed!! (But I won't be paying for them if they are! ;) )

·
Registered
277 Posts
Technically you dont have to, but it is sweet with xenons, so i would split the cost of the option and pay them half.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Further to my last post, I suspect the dealer is not legally bound to sell you the car with xenons if you decide (as is your right) not to pay for them. He would have to return your deposit of course but this would leave you without a new car!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think you're right tallguy. If the dealer dug his heels in, he could tell you he is not suppliying you with the car as it is not to the spec ordered, and start again. Although it is a **** up between the factory and the dealer, considering you did originally want them, I'd suggest meeting them half way. But make it a once only offer. Then see what happens...............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be waiting to see what the dealer comes back with...

Although I originally wanted xenons, this wasn't an option. In effect, I spent the budget on other items.

G.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Your the one that over barrel mate, i may say "we will have to go through the order again" and that when you say "nah i'll just take the 22+ grand back off you and go else where"
then you'll see how the tides change, it happened with my Type R i wanted Rage alloys but the couldn't give me them because all the month numbers where gone so i had would of had to wait several months... Any way a week later it arrived with them and he said you cant have the car be we(the dealer) made a mistake i quickly butted in... "Wow hold up a min' YOU made a mistake so your customers have to be punished for it, i'll tell you want keep the car and i'll take me 23 grand back" then he went to the finance office i was like sh!t he actually is gonna' get my money back, 5 minutes later he took me to the car showed me around it and i had do well to get a free option and apologized hahaha 1300K option for free...

I know it mite seem VW are doing well but NO! company will be happy with a car they ****ed up lingering around the garage.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm with Flux on this, stick your heels in and hold your nerve, they will have accrued the funds based upon the delivery date and will not want to have to reverse the entry in the books (looks bad from a business perspective) especially as next delivery will be in next fiscal year. I reckon you should go after getting them foc and agree to pay no more than a £200 gesture of your goodwill to complete the order/delivery.

Good luck, Justin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A quick update...

The discussions went on until yesterday, when we finally came to an acceptable compromise. Yes, I paid a gesture of goodwill - but in return I pick up my nicely spec'd Roc with the surprising addition of xenons(!), premium mats and a full tank of petrol on Sunday morning!

It was annoying, but have put it behind me and now cannot wait for Sunday.

The size of gesture? Mr Savage, you must be psychic!?!

I have to spend the next couple of days playing "fuel gauge roulette" - I refuse to put any more petrol in the old cars tank!

Thanks to all for sharing their thoughts and suggestions.

G.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
gover said:
A quick update...

The discussions went on until yesterday, when we finally came to an acceptable compromise. Yes, I paid a gesture of goodwill - but in return I pick up my nicely spec'd Roc with the surprising addition of xenons(!), premium mats and a full tank of petrol on Sunday morning!

It was annoying, but have put it behind me and now cannot wait for Sunday.

The size of gesture? Mr Savage, you must be psychic!?!

I have to spend the next couple of days playing "fuel gauge roulette" - I refuse to put any more petrol in the old cars tank!

Thanks to all for sharing their thoughts and suggestions.

G.
Looks like a good result. Enjoy the car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts